Thursday, May 3, 2007

We got a raise!

Check out this article on what a stay-at-home mom is "worth" now-a-days. Not bad, ladies, not bad! Not that I need an article with an estimation of how valuable the work I do each day is to make me feel good, but it's kind of nice to see it broken down into terms other people can understand. :-)

Before I had kids, I can remember asking my friend Heidi what a stay-at-home mom did all day. I wasn't asking in a demeaning way, I just honestly didn't know. Her response was, "I don't know - but I'm busy all day long." How true! My sister Tori did this post recently to try to capture what keeps a mom busy all day. I think her accounting for was relatively modest.

I am not ambitious enough to write down what I do each day and night, but let's just say it was 11:30 last night and I was cleaning my bathroom because that was the first chance I had all day to get to it. (And I will interject here that I am not a cleaning nazi. I would like to be, but my house is on "survival mode" clean - so this was just basic maintenance cleaning). I went to bed at 12:30 and was up at 1:00, 3:30, 4:45, 6:00, and now 7:00 between all the boys tag-teaming me. That's a pretty representative night for me.

And then you just go... all day long....into the night....and then do it again.

4 comments:

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Does that include the W H I N I N G !!!!

Tori :) said...

I was gonna post about the same thing!! How funny that this came out after my "24" post. :)

Tori :) said...

You're right- I reread my 24 post and I did leave A.LOT out. I was trying to remember at the end of the day and like Heidi said "I don't know- but I'm busy all day long." I know there was a lot more I did... Although I wasn't scrubbing my bathroom at 11:30. I'm usually doing laundry at nite. I was wondering when I read my post why I only had 2 loads of laundry. Mom had just gone back home. That's why.
Sorry for the long comment.

Dustin said...

no doubt!!! although, i also admit i take a phone break all too often. and i'm nursing, so i sit and watch tv more than i used to