Big J has been busy, and I've neglected to write anything about his accomplishments. On Saturday, he tested for his second belt in Tae Kwon Do and from all accounts (I wasn't there), did very well. He is now a yellow belt and will move out of the beginner class.
He also was part of a pilot program the district is doing where they take students recommended by the teacher to do pre-cursor testing for the gifted program. His tests indicated he definitely qualifies for that program in 2 areas and most likely qualifies for it in another. He will most likely be officially evaluated for that program next year.
He's just growing up so fast. He's turned into a bike-riding maniac. He's wanting to play all these different sports like flag football. He's going to start Cub Scouts this year, and probably piano lessons. It's just crazy how quickly things change. I'm proud of him. Even with all his achievements, I am most proud of him because he is a good kid with a good heart.
5 comments:
Way to go Big J! You're gonna be so busy!
Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?? And, you are going to have to tell me more about that Patch Magic stuff, is it expensive? does it stick really good?
What great accomplishments! Way to give your mom bragging rights Big J!!!
I brag about my kids all the time...I think that's the point of a blog :) It hadn't even dawned on me yet that I'll have to teach my kids to read. Just one of those things to look forward to...sounds like it will be a blast, lol!
Wow! That's awesome! I guess he's got the brains and the bronze! Takes after his parents. Very cool! Just catching up on your blog. Happy Belated Mother's Day and anniversary. Did I ever send you the 9? or was it an 8? Sooo sorry! Let me know!
Post a Comment