Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Favorite Non-Words

The boys sometimes make up words. Not purposefully; they think they are using real words, and I guess technically most of them are real words, just not used properly, and no matter how many times I have said it correctly, they still continue to use them. I think it's cute, but I do wonder how long they will go in their life before they realize that no one else uses those words the way they do.

Here are my 2 favorite non-words they use and their definition according to my little men:

Verse - verb - derived from "versus"- meaning to compete against you.
"I want to verse you at Guitar Hero."

Nudgie - noun - combination of "noogie" and "wedgie"- meaning, well, a noogie. "I am going to give you a nudgie!"

There are more, but I can't think of them right now, and those are my favorite. Who knows, stranger words have been added to the dictionary, so maybe one day we'll see these listed as well. Maybe if we all start saying them, we can start a trend!


Up next...pictures from Big J's 8th birthday party!!

5 comments:

Tori :) said...

My kids said "I wanna verse you" too! That's too funny! They also used to say "Let's go speed Dad!" That meant "Drive really fast!!"

Maddy said...

A noodgie sounds really painful.

Anonymous said...

"Kotty" can be added to the dictionary of good words. :)
Love,
Chief WH

Rach said...

Great words, I think I an going to go give John a noodgie right now!!

Tori :) said...

LOL at "Kotty." Of course, no one else reading these comments gets that. Good one Dad!