Friday, December 12, 2008

Deck the Halls

I haven't really felt like blogging much lately, as you've probably noticed. And I've been busy. I haven't even done Christmas cards. I don't even know if I will. (*gasp*) So don't be offended if you don't get one. Maybe I'll send New Year's letters. Or Valentines. Anyway, here are a few holiday-related updates.

Friday was the annual Christmas party at church. Only Little J and Little Man went with me, as the other boys had prior obligations. In preparation for the night, Little J and Little Man worked on their very first gingerbread house to enter into the gingerbread house contest. It quite possibly was my very first gingerbread house, because I don't remember doing one before. All I did was piece the house together for them, though, and they did the decorating. Little J had a small problem with Little Man interfering with his artistic vision of the house, but eventually they were able to get it finished.

That night we loaded up the van with all our goodies we were assigned to bring, got to the church, and realized we had left the gingerbread house at home. After much weeping and wailing and debating on whether or not it was that big of a deal, we had to go back to get the treasured gingerbread house. And after a much overdue Santa showing and way too many desserts, what to their wandering eyes did appear? A Three Wisemen Christmas ornament hanging on their gingerbread house. A prize! They were so proud.




On a totally unrelated subject - I bet you've never found these things in your Christmas tree:

1. Wadded up socks - much higher than any reachable height of the children in our home, so they had to have been thrown up there

2. Cotton balls

and my favorite...

3. A Hot Wheels toothbrush

What can I say? We add our own personal decorating touch around here.

7 comments:

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

LIttle Man's Pride Shines!!

I to have not done Christmas cards!! It realy snuck up on us this year!

Tori :) said...

I sent my cards out yesterday. I don't even know why I mess with it, but whatever.

YAY! I love making gingerbread houses. I'm glad they won. :)

Socks... what is it with boys and socks? I pick up random socks thru out the house ALL.THE.TIME. Haven't found any in the tree... yet.

Anonymous said...

Bring the socks, I'm sure there is a place for them on someones tree.
:)
CWH

Rach said...

No Christmas cards??? I'm with you I haven't been as motivated this year to do things like that. Love your tree decorations!

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

My friend spent $150!! just on Stamps and Christmas Cards!!! I could feed my family for at least a week for that!
With this economy, who can afford it?? You have to prioritize and balance what is important to you these days!

Alex and Heather said...

That's the kind of tree you get when you have boys, I guess. At least your ornaments are still up...We put our tree up two days ago and only the top ones are still up.

Maddy said...

I hear you on the lack of energy. I swear it's the pregnancy. I have never felt so lazy and sick in my ENTIRE life!!! I am doing as little as I can too. Sounds like you are doing lots of fun stuff with the boys though!!! I love their decorating style.