Monday, July 27, 2009

Funny Boys

My kids crack me up. A lot. Not that they are comedians per se, but the way their minds work and the things they come up with are a constant source of entertainment to me. Unfortunately, only a tiny handful of those things get immortalized on this blog because I usually try to make a mental note to include it later but then life happens and I forget. Anyway... that being said, I thought I would note a few things that made me laugh as of late.

Exhibit 1: This was a while ago, but Little J asked me when Little Miss's penis was going to grow. Hmmm.... This began a frank discussion on the fact that girls do not indeed pee out their bum holes.

Exhibit 2: The boys have recently gotten back into playing Rock Band. Consequently, Little Man has been going around singing, "Ooh! Oh! We're half-way there! Ooh! Oh!" Except he says we're half-way here and that's the only line he knows. Every once in a while he'll throw in a "Take my hand..." but it's pretty much a continuous loop of the one line punctuated with ooh ohs. (*For any of you who do not recognize that song - shame on you, but that is beside the point - it is Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer). They now also know the words to Eye of the Tiger, so I consider Rock Band time spent on an essential education. ;-)

Exhibit 3: Big J and Little J are often concocting plans, as you are well aware. A couple of weeks ago they decided to turn their room into "Robots Inc." They tried to convince me to let them set up shop in the attic, much to their disappointment. Big J was deemed the scientist and Little J was the one in charge of building the robots. They posted signs around indicating this, including a few on their door. However, I recently noticed a few ammendments had been made to the signs:

If you can't read it, what was added says: "If a friend or a family member has trouble reading this, pleas help them!"

Added to include: "He still needs: a desk, tubes, beakers, chemicals, guinea pigs, fish and hamsters."

Oh, the woes of a struggling business!

And last, but not least, Exhibit 4: The boys were watching an animated DVD about the Maccabees and I overheard Little J ask Big J, "Are we Jewish? We're not Jewish are we?" to which Big J replied, exasperated,

"No! We're half Mexican!"

6 comments:

Maddy said...

I think #1 and #4 made me laugh the hardest. I love your boys

Heidi said...

I have to say #3 and #4 were the best! I am still laughing, never a dull moment with those three around.

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

That is some good stuff!! Nathan would have said.. "we're HUMAN!!!"

S said...

Awe if I would only write down what happens around here. It sure makes one smile atleast once a day. I think it is what makes this parenting thing worth it. Thank heavens that wee one doesnt have a pee pee huh! Girls rule!

Thanks for the smile:)

Tori :) said...

OMGosh!! LOL!! "We're half Mexican!!" LOL LOL!!
I will send them a funky science kit- but no guinea pigs...

Anonymous said...

I have a blog post dedicated to you