Monday, August 24, 2009

Where has the month gone?

Totally random pic of Little Miss modeling her sunsuit - 9 weeks old
I can't believe the summer is already gone. Not only is it gone, but it was basically a big blur to me. So many things have changed. So many things have happened in just a couple of short months. And I realized that I didn't capture much of any of it. For example, both the boys played baseball this summer (Big J's team went undefeated) and I didn't post one single picture or write one single thing about it. So I am going to try to do a rundown of some of the major things that have happened just in the last couple of weeks so I don't get so behind again.
1. The boys started school on the 13th. I now have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader that are gone all day. Little Man is having a little bit of a hard time adjusting to that. But both the boys are liking their teachers and enjoying the new year. The fact that I said both the boys are is a big deal because Little J hated kindergarten. He was bored to tears and it was a struggle to get him out the door pretty much every day. But this year - so far so good.


2. I saw the cardiologist for my follow-up. She had reviewed all my records from the hospital plus the 3 weeks of monitoring from the heart monitor and said that she feels confident to say that the bradycardia was caused from all the medications I was on and everything going on at the time and that she didn't think it was necessary for me to continue to see her. She did however want me to get under the care of a primary care physician so that my blood pressure can be monitored regularly. She kept me on the high blood pressure medicine because in the doctor's office my diastolic number was still high. She also wanted me to monitor my bp at home 2 -4 times a day for the next month so that they can get a good picture of how it behaves throughout the day. I've been doing that, and my readings have been coming back really good, so I am hoping when I see the new doctor they will take me off the bp medicine.

3. Little J was almost hit by a car. He and Big J like to ride their bikes on the sidewalk out in front. However, Little J started to think he was invincible and would zoom across the street without a second thought. He was reprimanded for this several times, and I knew I should have had him stop riding his bike, but I didn't. It had been sprinkling a little and then started to rain really hard so I sent Little Man to tell them to come in. He went on the porch and called to them and I started walking to the front door as well when I hear the combined sounds of a car screeching and honking and I just knew it was Little J. I ran outside, and sure enough there is a minivan screeched to a stop and Little J. He was fine, but Big J begins informing me with his arms how close the van was (about 2 feet) to hitting Little J. He had shot out in front of her from in front of a big black truck that was parked on the road. The lady rolled down her window and was all, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! He just rode right out in front of me!" After I was over the initial shock of it (and fussing at Little J for being an idiot after he had already been told to stop riding across the street like that) I started bawling. I cried for a good 30 minutes. I have no doubt in my mind at all that Heavenly Father was watching over him. There is no way he should not be dead right now. Combined with the blindspot of the parked truck, the slick road from the rain, and the way people barrel down this road, I know the angels were with him.

4. Sunday was a sad day for me. After about 2 1/2 years, I was released from being the Primary president at church. About a week or so ago I started to have the feeling that I was going to be released, so I am glad I had that preparation beforehand because otherwise I would have been completely shocked. I am now going to be working in the youth program with the young women as a counselor in that presidency. I realized that over the past (almost) six years I have been in the Primary in some capacity. I was a counselor in a different presidency, then I was den leader for the Wolf Cub Scouts, then I was president. I will miss being with kids. I will miss the music! But I am excited to work with the youth and a lot of the girls in there are the ones I graduated from Primary, so I already know them.


Totally random picture of Little Man - 2 yr. 10 mos.
5. And of course I have to say something about Little Miss, because, well, she's a princess. So I will say that she is the best baby ever and so fun to have around. She is 2 months old now and she consistantly sleeps for about 10 hours at night. (Now if everyone else will quit waking me up...) I've never had one do that before, so it is awesome! She only fusses a little when she is hungry or tired and is easily soothed. We're buds. She laughed for the first time and she also rolled over once. Just once.

Little Miss - 2 months old

6 comments:

Karina said...

OMGosh Tara, she is so cute! I love her chubby legs, Sarah had chubby legs, I love chubby babies.
Hope you feel better soon.

S said...

The world is sweet with a baby girl but way sweeter with a 10 hr night sleeper!

My mother LOVES primary too. What an adjustment

Anonymous said...

:)

LT Dan

The Griner Family: said...

Glad to here you are feeling better. Your baby girl is beautiful!

Maddy said...

She is GORGEOUS! And I can't believe how big the boys look. SO SCRAY about the car. Holy cow, I would have cried too! Glad everything looks ok with your heart.

Tori said...

10 hours? Seriously?


Liv doesn't like all the kids gone to school either. If you lived here she and Mason could hang out...
Just sayin.