Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Widow's Mite

Recently the older boys each bought themselves a Nintendo DSi. We didn't really want them to have a portable gaming system because I think they already have enough screen time on the non-portable ones, so we told them that if they saved their money they could buy themselves one. So both of them got to work and saved for months. I think it was close to a year. With extra help from birthday money and Christmas money, they were able to finally have enough to each purchase their own from half.com. Both of them also came with a game. This was about a month ago.

Then yesterday they came to me with their combined money and said they wanted to go in together to get a game. We also purchased it on half. com so they were able to get it for about $15 less than if they bought it in the store, including shipping. The total was $23, $15 of which was contributed by Big J and $8 by Little J.

Later I heard them discussing who would get to play the game first. Big J argued that since he had put more in then he should get to play first. Little J kept insisting he had given more. I finally said, "Little J, you gave $8 and Big J gave $15, so how do you think you gave more?" And his reply was, "Even Jesus agrees that I gave more because I gave everything I had!"

Hard to argue with that logic. ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is how knowing your scriptures saves the day.

Capt Dan

Sarah Oman said...

That's awesome. He really is right. :)

Voter Grandma said...

I fear that Little J may possibly have a successful career in politics. :O

Voter Grandma said...

I fear that Little J may possibly have a successful career in politics in his future...:O

Tori said...

Little J for president!