Monday, November 8, 2010

RPADD

When I run on the treadmill, Little Man and Little Miss often sit and watch Go, Diego, Go! or something like that while I am running. The treadmill is in our basement, as is our TV. Today I saw a commercial for possibly the dumbest toy ever. Has anyone heard of Teacup Piggies? So. Dumb. What is fun about that? I don't get it. And I've also seen a commercial for some type of button dolls. They are ugly. And scary. They make me think of something that would be on the Twilight Zone chasing you down. "I'm Talking Tina and I don't like you!"

Speaking of running, I am changing around my running playlist again. I think I have RPADD - Running Playlist ADD. I seriously add and delete songs so much I think it is a condition. It's just hard for me to find songs I like to run to. There are lots of songs I really like to listen to, but not run to. Sometimes I'll put a song on and then once it starts while I'm running I immediately know if it is going to stay or not. If a song starts slow, it generally doesn't make the list. If it has a weird beat or an annoying voice it doesn't make the list. If there is a long instrumental part in the middle or somebody starts talking a lot or something like that, it gets cut. I don't like songs that are yelling at me, because that just sounds like noise in my ear. If there is a part where they say a word or a phrase over and over and over and over again - cut, cut, cut. I don't know why I am so picky.

The songs that tend to stay the longest are "girl power" songs like So What by Pink. My favorite song to listen to first is I Got a Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas. That song just makes me happy and when I listen to it, even if I didn't feel like running when I started, I do by the time it is over. It's a great warm up song. Anyway, what are some of your favorite songs to run to?

5 comments:

Maddy said...

I totally agree! The crazy thing is, Sadie REALLY wants a teacup piggy. AND a LaLa Loopsy girl. Dustin and I laugh about it all the time. I won't get her one, but she constantly talking about how cute they are and much she really wants one.

There's an Aly and AJ song I really like to run to, "Potential Break Up Song", I have a lot of ABBA and some Glee that I really like. I'm a scuker for Radio Disney type songs.

yu said...

I hope you'll have a good luck.

Tori said...

I gave you my long list of random songs... But sometimes I think a song will be awesome to run to, and then I can't stand it when I try. But instead of changing my songs, I just don't run. ;)

Oh, and I hope you'll have a good luck, too.

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Those dolls are morbid looking.. they remind me of the Coralyn movie.. that my kids HATED!!.

What's on my workout playlist..Justin T's..FutureSex/Love Sound, SexyBack, Sexy Ladies...almost the whole soundtrack of that cd..Britney Spears-Womanizer, Katy Perry Stuff,

swampbaby said...

This is what is currently on mine:

I Got a Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

Fergalicious - MC Joe & the Vanillas Mix version

All the Single Ladies - Beyonce

So What - Pink (clean version)

Toxic - Britney Spears

Walk Away - Kelly Clarkson

Watch Me Shine - Joanna Pacetti

Intergalactic - Beastie Boys

Vertigo - U2

American Woman - Lenny Kravitz version

We Got It Going On - Bon Jovi and somebody else but I don't know who

Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson

Rock What You Got - Superchick

24 - Jem

Stronger - Britney Spears

Get the Party Started - Pink

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n Roses

Thanks for the suggestions! I will have to check these out and add some.