I cannot believe how quickly the past year has flown by. My memories of the day he was born, and the weeks after he came home, are so fresh in my mind. It is surreal to realize it all took place over a year ago. I have never had as clear of memories about the birth of my other kids and the days following as I do with him. When he was born, I cried. I had never cried before while giving birth. And I wasn't crying because he was 9 lbs. 4 oz., either! I was crying because it was such a spiritual experience for me. I had never had that happen before. I knew he was special.
We had a simple, small birthday celebration with just us on Thursday, and plan to have a bigger one in a couple of weeks when we are down in Texas. That one will have a "I Dig Being 1" theme with trucks and diggers and all kinds of boy things. For this one, the boys made him homemade birthday signs and Little J made him a special birthday hat:
We gave him a cute little wooden chair with a back that looks like a bear face and a puzzle that makes sounds with all the bug characters from Eric Carle's books. (I'm very much about less is more). And of course we had cupcakes. He was determined to grab the candle, so I had to hold it away from him while we sang and then quickly blow it out. At first he wasn't sure what to do with all the frosting and cake on his hands, but after sticking it in his ear and hair a few times, he finally decided he could eat it.
Everyone in our family ADORES Little Man. He is pure sunshine. He is such a sweet, fun, easy-go-lucky baby and has been such a joy to have in our home.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE MAN!!
I LOVE YOU!!
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!!
Happy Birthday Little Man! You're a sweet heart!
Post a Comment