Sunday, October 28, 2007

MIA

I've been a little MIA for the last couple of weeks. We went down to Texas to visit my family and see my younger brother Walker. We haven't seen him for 2 years because he has been serving a full-time voluntary mission for our church. But he is home now and getting back into "normal" life. It was good to see him. He looked exactly the same to me, except filled out a little more. He can still talk the paint off the wall. Him and Little J have a lot in common...

I've also been busy with the annual Primary program, which was performed today. As is usually the case, God had mercy on us and it turned out wonderful! The kids were so sweet and sang so well. The Spirit was really strong. I love all the "meaty" songs they sing now. When I was growing up I remember singing " 'Give' Said the Little Stream" and "The Primary Colors". Now they sing things like "I'll Follow Him in Faith" and "I Want to Live the Gospel." The songs, and the way the kids sing them, truly are little nuggets of testimony.

This afternoon I overheard Little J (who, by the way, opted against participating in the program today even though he knew his line, etc. He actually gave me an ultimatum that he get one of the built-in soft chairs on the stage instead of the regular chair he was assigned to with the rest of his class or he wasn't going up there. Well, too bad, Mr. Special. But I digress... ) I overheard him singing to himself "This Is My Beloved Son". I think that's so awesome that even a 4-year-old can be taught gospel truths through music. I firmly believe that it is the music in Primary that teaches the gospel to the children.

This week we will be doing Halloween crazy. Trunk-or-Treat and party after party. I'm the room coordinator for Big J's classroom this year. It's actually pretty easy - just remind everyone what they signed up for and have some type of a plan to proceed by. Little J is being a ghost this year. Big J is being a playing card. Yes, you read that correctly. You'll just have to wait for the pics. And Little Man is wearing the Robin Hood costume his abuela made for Little J a few years back for Big J's Robin Hood birthday party. I'm not sure what I am being yet. Something tacky, I'm sure...

2 comments:

Tori :) said...

I love the playing card idea!! Isabel is the toothfairy and Alec is a boxer. Taj is a power ranger. Tristan said he's gonna be a missionary. Livie will either be a giraffe or a kitty cat. Whichever I can get her to wear.

Taj didn't participate in our program either. He sat by me and then crawled to Sei (who was narrating) and sat by him. But he wouldn't sing.

Little J cracks me up.

Maddy said...

Welcome home! And congrats on surviving your first Primary Program. I always need a nice long nap after it's over. But of course we get to go in and do it all again for the next 2 hours ;D