Saturday, November 17, 2007

'Poppy' Parts

*Disclaimer: Read at your own discretion. You may be offended by the following conversation. But I swear it happened.

Around here, you can go buy a hanging pair from Chux Trux to attach to your hitch.

I'm talking about "the family jewels."

Huevos.

Nads.

Nuts.

Balls.

Whatever you choose to call them, I bet you've never had a conversation about them quite like this before:

Little J (of course!) was taking a bath and started to explore "down there".

Little J: "Mama, I have these poppy things."

Me: "Um, yeah, Little J, let's not play with those."

Little J: "But they're poppy!"

Me: "What do you mean 'poppy'?"

Little J (demonstrating): "I can squish them between my fingers and they pop over to the other side!"

I sit a moment contemplating what direction this conversation should go. If any.

Me: "Yeah, let's not do that. And they are called testicles and you actually have two of them. So the one on the other side is a different one."

Little J (still demonstrating): "Oh! They feel like little round things and you can pop them around."

Me: "Yes. They are round like little balls. Let's stop doing that. You need to be careful not to hurt them."

Little J: "Why?"

Me: "Um...we'll talk about that when you get bigger. Let's just not be making them 'poppy' in the meantime."

4 comments:

~j. said...

I remember asking my mom why they were called balls. What a great thing to explain to your daughter.

Holly said...

That is so funny! Kids say the funniest things...don't they! Thanks for the laugh!

Lara Neves said...

I really like Little J....he is a crack up. :)

Tori :) said...

LOL!! And it only gets better. Today Alec asked me REALLY LOUDLY as we walked to our car in Vegas: "Mom, what's master-...???" You can fill in the rest. Yeah. Nice.