Monday, January 21, 2008

Soy Loco

I am certifiable.

I have decided to run in a half marathon with two of my totally-in-shape, young whipper-snapper friends. Neither of which category I fall under. I am putting this up now, because since the decision was made last night, I am already starting to chicken out. Mainly because the half marathon is in 10 WEEKS.

That wouldn't be that huge of a deal if at this point I could run a few miles. I am quite certain I can not. I have not excercised regularly since early fall. And even that wasn't all that much. But I work well under pressure and have decided that if I commit to something crazy and totally out-of-reach presently, then it will serve as a great motivator for me to get into gear. I've got to play catch-up and train so that I can at least finish the race.

Obstacles in the way:
1. I'm out of shape.
2. I'm about 25 pounds too heavy on top of being out of shape.
3. It is butt-freezing cold here and I really hate running inside.

Pros:
1. I've got some pretty new, cool running shoes.
2. I've got a crusty treadmill in my basement that I can get started on.
3. I may totally suck at the half marathon, but at least it will have been a motivator to get me going and maybe I'll lose some weight in the process.

So wish me good luck and I'll see you at the finish line. Or in the padded cell. I'm not sure which yet.

5 comments:

Lara Neves said...

You are a crazy woman! Good luck! I'll be cheering for you.

I tagged you on my blog, too.

Tori :) said...

When and where is it? Email me. Maybe I could train and we could run/walk/push/pull etc... together.

swampbaby said...

March 29th. Here. Be there or be square. Or round, in my case.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Need progress reports.

Daisie said...

Tara! Yea! That is awesome! I have no doubt that you will do it, and be so glad you did! I wish I were there to train with you!! Good Luck! Even though you won't need it!!!