Number of out-of-the-ordinary expenses this month:
2 new tires
1 new van battery
1 doctor appointment
3 prescriptions
2 car registration renewals
and soon to be - 1 eye doctor appointment (I think Big J needs glasses - why do all the bad genes get passed down?)
Number of clothing items Big J has destroyed or lost since the beginning of the school year:
4 pairs of jeans (4!!! holes in the knees)
2 pairs of sneakers (2 already!!! I don't know what he does, but he makes them into hungry shoes - you know the kind that the front opens up like a mouth).
1 pair of church pants (how do you get a hole in the knee of your church pants?!)
1 pair of pajamas (you guessed it - holes in the knees)
1 lost jacket
1 lost pair of gloves
*He obviously does not understand that the clothes I buy him are considered an investment to be passed down to the next in line.
And the best of all:
Number of naps I got today:
2
It is amazing how much better I am already feeling. Yay drugs! I am not a huge proponent of popping a pill the second you feel a little off, but on the third day of running a fever, feeling like I had been hit by a truck and not being able to sleep because my lungs were on fire and being so achy, I went to the doctor. I didn't even have a primary care doctor because I literally never get sick. So I dug out our insurance stuff and called up the first group on there, asked if they were taking new patients and if they could get me in that morning. Sure enough, I have the flu with a respiratory infection, also. I got a Tamiflu prescription and some major cool antibiotics that have kicked the crud out of whatever was going on in my chest. Today I had no fever and feel so much better. Definitely on the road to recovery.
7 comments:
Alec is my Big J. He rips holes in everything- including shoes. Ugh. We are buying new tires too and bought a battery last week. Not fun!
I'm so glad you got naps!!
Jordan puts holes in everything too. Sometimes I think he walks around on his knees when I am not looking.
I am so glad that you are feeling better. I have been wondering how you've been. I didn't get my antibiotics until two weeks in. After two days I felt 98% better! I couldn't believe the difference. Yeah to drugs!
Glad to hear you are better!
All 6 of us have had the same thing. Flu with Respiratory infection!
Our house is a disaster.
We have been living on a prayer!!
Wow, 2 naps in one day! That's awesome, but not so awesome that you aren't feeling well. I hope you get feeling better soon. Looks like you have been BUSY!
Number of sane mothers
1
and that is priceless!
Glad you are feeling better, Sarah had that same thing... hope i'm not next, i'll be crossing my fingers!
UGh, I hear you about the holes in the knees. Thank heavens it's starting to get hot here. We might make it with the last 2 pair of pants Ellie has. Although they're looking thin. Why is school so hard on clothes?
YEAy for you naps!
Post a Comment