Big J has had no problem with having to wear glasses. I think he secretly thinks it's really cool. I, however, remember being a little embarassed about having to wear glasses (circa 1981 glasses were SO cool). But thanks to Josh Morgan, a cute little blond boy who I had a crush on since 1st grade, I wore them with pride.
The first day I came to school with them, I didn't put them on right away. Josh sat in front of me and turned around and said, "So you got some glasses?"
I replied timidly, "Yes."
"Let me see them."
"No."
"Come on, let me see them. I promise I won't laugh."
So I pulled them out and put them on. He looked at me a few seconds.
"Cool," he said and then turned around.
After that, I wore my groovy glasses with no problem. So thank you, Josh Morgan, for not being a jerk and helping me feel confident enough to wear those huge, round, thick glasses with my initials in the corner of the lense.
5 comments:
Those were some groovy glasses you had. Not quite as cool as my purple Sally Jesse Raphael type glasses- but groovy nonetheless. :)
Big J looks goo!
He not only looks GOO he looks GOOD too!
haahaha! I think I wrote a similar post when Bria got her glasses 2 years ago. About how I was so afraid to go to school with my new glasses (with my name engraved in the corner of one lens, and a treble clef in the other. Ha!) and I was late because I didn't want to go. One boy immediately started making fun of me, and then another boy, Kimo Skyles, said "I think she looks cute in them." Yes I crushed on him for a long time after that. :)
Jayden looks great! He really does look very cool!
I thought he had glasses on in a earlier post!!
He looks like one of his cousins!!
Yes, I am hoping all of our bad genes get dismissed!!
So far so good, but wait til adolesence! (sp?)
That is such a sweet story!
And he looks AWESOME in his!
Post a Comment