Saturday, June 14, 2008

Choo Choo!

This morning, while JC headed out to play football and help two families move, the boys and I took off with some friends to go ride the train in Belton, MO. It is an antique train that you can take a 5 mile roundtrip ride on. The first half of the ride we sat on the open-air car which used to serve as a flat bed car to transport Civil War army materials, and on the second half of the trip we rode inside the 1920's passenger car that was used in the movie Biloxi Blues. Then we got to explore the caboose and engine when it was all over. It was perfect weather for this kind of fun, and then afterwards we walked to a small cafe/malt shoppe around the corner, where we had over-priced hamburgers and double scoop ice cream cones.


At the ticket station. The other little boy is my friend Heather's son, even though he looks like he could be one of mine.
















About to get started on the open air car.










On our way. The boys liked to hang off the side and then dive out of the way at the last minute so the trees wouldn't swat them in the face. We also had a lot of visits from butterflies that would camp out on us. Little Man, however, kept a very serious face (as shown) for this half of the trip and wouldn't get off my lap.







He liked riding inside much better. I could never get all the boys sitting down at the same time to get a pic inside the passenger car.









The engine. This was after the ride, but they would have probably done this during it, if they could have.









The caboose.

The appropriately named malt shoppe we stopped in afterwards.









Now we're off to our neighborhood block party. I love summer!

6 comments:

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

That is soo funny you did that today! I was just thinking of that this morning..... I have been wanting to take the kids forever!!!

Looks like you all had a great time!!!

Daisie said...

How Fun! I want to go with you next summer! Your boys are looking older everyday! And you are looking great! Miss you guys lots!!!

S&J Jones Family said...

That looks like fun! My sister-in-law lived in Belton, MO and we always drove right by the trains to get to her house. I never realized that you could actually ride them. If I would have known I would have taken James for a ride while we were there.

I love summer, too!

Tori :) said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!

Maddy said...

So cool! Nate would LOVE it!

We're having a block party tonight, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be HORRIBLE until the sum goes down.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Dang I want to do that! JC should just open his own moving company... he is always moving somebody! Tara, you look so good... I'm getting way jealous of all the runs you are doing. Save some for next Summer so I can do them with you... I'm getting too fat to keep running right now!