I asked them what kind of party they wanted to have and suggestions ranged from an Xbox party to a Star Wars themed party. I was able to use my powers of (strong) persuasion to convince them that a "First Day of Summer" party would be way cooler. So we grilled hot dogs, had popsicles and ice cream cones, and lots and lots of water - sprinklers, water guns, and water balloons. I think we had about 10 kids show up and they had a great time. They've already asked if every year they can have a "First Day of Summer" party. I think we may have just started a tradition by accident!








4 comments:
Fun fun! We used to do a party like that before the kids would leave Utah to come to Texas. I think we will reverse it now though and do it when all the kids are back. I think water and grilling parties are the best!
You are so good to throw a party for your kids! Looks like they all had so much fun! Your backyard is so pretty!
What a great idea!!!
Looks like a huge hit!!
BTW: I like my "new" MK lady!! But she needed to shave!!
LOL
Wow! You are such a cool Mom! Looks like a way fun party!!
Post a Comment