The boys at the park with an awesome sunset
We also got to see our friends the Danas while we were there. That was a lot of fun and they are great people we always enjoy seeing when we get the chance. I am in awe and slightly jealous that their little girl is both potty-trained and sleeping in her big girl bed, as I am still psyching myself up for both of those feats with Little Man. My first big transition needs to be getting him off his paci. Oh, the joys.
New Year's Eve was fun, as first, I got to help my littlest sister Ali get ready for a New Year's Eve dance. The theme was "Decades" and so she chose to go dressed 80s. Right up my alley! I had a great time designing her outfit and doing her makeup and hair, and serving as a consultant on her date's 80s outfit. She couldn't believe that we actually dressed that way on purpose.
After she left, we went to my sister's for our version of New Year's Eve Vegas style. She set up a "casino" in her front room. Luckily, we weren't playing for money, seeing as I've played poker like 3 times in my whole life. Tori ended up being the big winner. It was a good time.
Happy 2009
Earlier in the day we had shot off poppers and stuff at the park (fireworks were illegal) and we also did some crackers (little tubes with paper hats and prizes inside). When I lived in England, Christmas crackers were a big deal, and so when I found some at the store while I was down there, I picked up a box for us to do on New Year's Eve. It would have also been my sister Nicole's 30th birthday that day, so we took the boys to her gravesite and they put some "Happy Birthday" balloons up for her.
11 comments:
I can't really believe that we used to dress that way on purpose, either.
No guess. Probably a boy. Just like I'll get a girl.
Oh man -- remember body suits? EWW!
What day is your ultrasound? Mine's the 26th. I am going to guess girl for you. Just to be different. One can always hope -- right???
I have 2 girlfriends with 4 boys each and one has started on some crazy pH testing thing because she's convinced if she takes enough cranberry pills she'll have a girl. I guess boy swimmers love alkaline environments and she's a 9 on the pH scale. I guess cranberries make you acidic.
We're pulling for a boy for us.
Lara - Is your "just like I'll get a girl" an announcement of something??
Maddy - We are going on the 30th for the ultrasound. What is your due date? Mine is June 20th, although I have yet to have mine on the due date since I've always been induced earlier.
I'm gonna say it's a boy because that's my gut feeling, but I would LOVE for you to have a little girl!!
OH MY GOSH! I am due June 21st. That is so funny! Ellie was 5 weeks early, Nate was 3 weeks early and Sadie was a DAY OVERDUE! So who knows with this one. I'm going to push to be induced at 39 weeks though since labor was so fast with Sadie -- about an hour and a half start to finish, I barely made it to the hospital. So hopefully I'll get to deliver on the 14th. We'll see though. I never seem to luck out with that kind of stuff. I'm sure I'll go two weeks over and have the baby in the car.
awe maternity clothes.....they feel so nice. I caved to one pair of jeans and now I wear them NON stop. We are on the downhill slide, i guess it is time to get ready! I say you are going to have a girl.....cuz tori said boy...no cuz gosh darn it you need one!
We need to do lunch with gretch soon on a nice sunny day. I wanna try that BBQ place she is talked about.
A girl with dark hair and eyes. :)
CWH
GIRL!!!
I was about to come over and check on you!!!!!
Don't scare me like that!!
I will be bringing your GS cookies over soon!
Glad you are alive!
Just wanted you to know I don't always comment, but occasionally check in to see what you've been up to!! You have a beautiful family and I'm excited for your new addition! I'm guessing boy.
We sure miss you guys, wish you lived closer. Thanks for keeping in touch.
You're definetly having a girl! You should try the bella band. It's this awesome band you wear around your belly and it holds your pants up, that way you can wear your pre-pregnancy pants for longer, it looks like a camisole underneath. My pre-pregnancy pants fit me still but there are days that I can't button them and this works great.
Post a Comment