Friday, January 30, 2009

Here's the Story

I've had a lot of people asking how I reacted to the news of us having a little girl. Here's how it all went down -

We took all the boys to the sonogram with us and they were really good. The poor technician was trying to do her measurements and things and they kept asking right from the beginning whether it was a boy or a girl. So finally she relented and did the butt-view. As soon as it came up, I thought to myself that I didn't think that looked like the other sonograms where there was obviously something sticking out between the legs. I just kept looking at it, thinking, "Holy cow - it's a girl!" and then the technician looks at JC and goes, "Dad, you're the hero today! It's a girl!"

Even though I already "knew" it when I saw the picture, when she said that, I still blurted out, "Really?! No way!" She checked several times from different angles and pointed out key things they look for "down there" for girl babies and sure enough it was a girl. I couldn't stop smiling. I wasn't expecting the excitement and happiness I would feel with that announcement, because I would have been perfectly happy to have her say it's another boy. But I admit it that I am really excited to have a little girl. After it was over and I got to finally pee and it started to sink in, I did get a little emotional right there at the bathroom sink. I just knew she was suppose to be part of our family.

Now I need some help with names! I have never been one to have a list of names I wanted to name my kids, and obviously, I've never had to think about girl names before, so I've got nothin'. I will say I don't like froofy girly-girl names. That's just not me or my family. I like unique names, but not freaky-weird. Send some suggestions my way please!

I think being the only girl, and the youngest, I have already designated her screen name in my blog to be "The Diva." What do you think?


PS Sorry for the really crappy and crooked picture of the sonogram. I just took a picture of the pictures.

11 comments:

rogersinkc said...

I think since you've got two "J's" and one "M" that you should go with another M. I like Mckayla Madilena Maelee and Mari.

I am SO excited for you!

Karina said...

That's easy, Karina! It's a perfect name. :p It means pure.

Holly said...

We are SO excited for you to have a little girl! Congrats!!!! By way of names...if Josiah was gonna be a girl, we would have named him Adalyn (nickname Addie), Ashlyn, or Shae. I always think boy names are harder to think of:o) Can't wait to hear what you name her!

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

The Diva or Little Lady!

"We" already came up with the name... Elisabeth Nicole! Short names are "Elisa" Or if you use a Z ..Lizzie... I could go on!!
Elisabeth is a strong name, she needs one being the little Sis of three boys!
My cousin's name is Brigham(girl). I love that name! Her last name is Brown so it flows well!

I'll be sending you a list later!

Tori :) said...

Ooh- I like the name Brigham for a girl. Cute!
I still like Anna Nicole even if she is a froo froo slut.
What about Scarlet? Or Vivian? I almost used Shay for Livie except it would have be Shei.

Tori :) said...

The little girl next door to Dad and Mom is named "Aniston." I think that's cute. You could do Aniston Victoria to keep with the spanish middle name of course... ;)

S&J Jones Family said...

That is so neat! It seems hard to believe that you will have a girl in the house now...I bet it is even more so to you. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Kari Cole said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting! I'm not good coming up with names. Girl names seem to be a little easier than boy names though...good luck finding some you like. Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Sarah Oman said...

Oh geez! I am not good with names either. It took us about 2 1/2 weeks to make a decision on Evie's name. Ha Ha.
We almost named her Elina. Probably would of called her Lina for short. Anyway good luck with that and I cant wait until we can throw you a girl shower!!!!!!!! Someone gets to throw you one for a change!

rogersinkc said...

I like Wren too.

~j. said...

HOORAY!! (I'm only just catching up on blogs with trying to finish up auction stuff.)

What about...Piper Victoria? Or is Piper too out-there? I'll keep thinking. I figure, you named Bubby, so I owe you one.