Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Long overdue critique

So I've held off making any type of American Idol commentary this season, mainly because, well, frankly, I haven't been too invested in it and it will probably be the last time I watch it. I spend most of my DVR viewing of it fast-forwarding through it because I just don't really care that much and most of the contestants bore me to tears. That being said, here is my rundown of the contestants that are left:

1. Lil Rounds - She has a good voice, but not the awesome voice I think the judges would want you to believe she has. Most of her performances seem gimmicky to me and more like top-notch karaoke than anything else.

2. Scott MacIntyre - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh, I'm sorry, what was I saying? Holy snoozefest.

3. Matt Giraud - The guy can sing. There's just something about him I don't like. I think it's his tight pants and fetish with fedoras.

4. Kris Allen - I like him, although he is a mite too boy-bandish to me, minus the cheesy dancing. To me, he has one of the least grating and most consistant voices.

5. Danny Gokey - His voice makes me think of Michael Bolton, except with a lot more slobber. Have you ever noticed how much he spits when he sings or talks? I don't know. I know the judges want to adopt him or something, but there is just something about him and his Sally Jesse Raphael glasses that gets on my nerves.

6. Adam Lambert - I like Adam. At least he is interesting each week. I think he is one of the only true "artists" among the contestants and he's got a range that doesn't quit. If he just didn't creep me out so much, I think I could really like him. I am just waiting for him to come crawling across the stage through a thick fog and lick the microphone stand.

7. Anoop Desai - I can't help thinking of a young Ralph Macchio when I look at him. I like his voice, but the only time he seemed like he had a personality was when he sang "My Prerogative" ages ago.

8. Allison Iraheta - She has to be my favorite. I like her spunk and I like her voice. Again, one of the only interesting ones to listen to and watch. I'm sad she keeps ending up in the bottom three each week, because I think she is really talented. But I guess I can't complain, since I never vote.

So there you have it. Who are your favorites?

3 comments:

Tori :) said...

Yeah... I have no idea who any of those people are other than the Gokey guy and Adam. And that's just because my husband dvrs it and I happen to see them sing once or twice.
So... I'm still sad I didn't vote for Chris Daughtry and he got voted off...

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

My favs are Adam and Allison... my bet that if they both keep it together they will be in the final 4!
but I totally could see Adam licking a mic! I like his and Allison's uniqueness (sp??)!

Maddy said...

I'm kind of over AI this year. They're all blah to me.