So my second son has a weird habit. He comes home from school almost everyday with "treasures" he has found. The thing is, it is all TRASH. Crap he's found on the playground or literally in the trash can and for some strange reason he comes home with it. Some of his treasures include: an eyeglass lens, a girl's headband, an arm of a Mr. Potato Head, a bubble wand, an empty Fanta bottle and an empty box for latex gloves. He keeps them all on the headboard of his bed and gets really upset if I tell him to get rid of them because they are trash. What the heck? I am scared he is going to end up like one of those people on Hoarders who thinks everything is a treasure and they live among their clutter and mess to the point they can't even take a shower in their own house because it's filled with 400 empty rolls of paper towels!Tuesday, November 17, 2009
So my second son has a weird habit. He comes home from school almost everyday with "treasures" he has found. The thing is, it is all TRASH. Crap he's found on the playground or literally in the trash can and for some strange reason he comes home with it. Some of his treasures include: an eyeglass lens, a girl's headband, an arm of a Mr. Potato Head, a bubble wand, an empty Fanta bottle and an empty box for latex gloves. He keeps them all on the headboard of his bed and gets really upset if I tell him to get rid of them because they are trash. What the heck? I am scared he is going to end up like one of those people on Hoarders who thinks everything is a treasure and they live among their clutter and mess to the point they can't even take a shower in their own house because it's filled with 400 empty rolls of paper towels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Offer to pay him .25 cents for what he has and tell him after that you will be charging him .25 cents for every piece of trash he brings home!
Some of that stuff sounded pretty cool to have around. :)
Lt Dan
Do not talk about me like I am not here:)
my son was that same way. I miss my little guy now he just walks around grumpy!
Don't you remember the shoe boxes Tristan and Alec had on their beds when they were little? They were full of "treasures" like Lil J. They don't do it so much now, but their room still is a total mess.
Isn't that what all boys do?
Maybe he's just thrifty.
Oh my gosh! Haylie does the exact same thing!! Her thing is mostly papers though. She'll bring home several sacrament programs, a butt load of tithing slips, and yes, she even goes dumpster diving in our garbage. She also "borrows" a lot of things from her friends homes. When I cleaned the basement last week I even found one of our neighbors mailbox keys. Maybe we should enroll them both now in Hoarders Anonymous!
Bria does it. Gah. Drives. me. nuts. But she also doesn't notice too much when I finally throw something away.
LOVIN' THE FAMILY PHOTO!!!
Super cute family photo!
Post a Comment