Big J had his 10th, yes, 10th! birthday last week. He wanted to have a Rock Band party, so rock and party is what we did. We sent out invitations that looked like concert tickets and told everyone to dress as a rock star. I totally dressed up but didn't get any good pictures of it. I will be doing the same thing for Halloween, so I will get some then. When the guests came, everyone got a VIP backstage all access pass, chose a rocker bandanna, a rubber spiked bracelet, temporary tattoos, and a blow up electric guitar.
It was interesting to see how at first they were all a little shy about it, and would only pick zero, one or two tattoos, and maybe or maybe not get any of the other stuff, but by the end they were all tatted up with bandannas. It was so simple to throw together because they all just played Rock Band in the basement while hanging out and eating snacks, then we sang Happy Birthday and had the cake and then opened presents. Decorations were a snap because I used rock star posters and some balloons, and then at the end they all got to take a poster home with their other things, too. Easiest party ever and Big J said all his friends were talking about how awesome it was at school. It was really fun!
Here are a few pictures and a fun clip from the big day:
4 comments:
I can't believe he is ten.
That means Bria will be ten in a couple weeks. And I haven't quite wrapped my brain around that.
Looks like an amazing party! Love it!
You do the funnest parties! That looks like such a hit!! Can't even believe how grown up he is! Can't wait to see your costume! You are so cool!!
What an awesome idea!!
Aww sister! You are a much cooler mom than me.
Post a Comment