Friday, February 4, 2011

The Blizzard

You may have heard that the Midwest got slammed by a blizzard. Since I live in the Midwest, I can now officially say I have been in a blizzard. That's a first. Thankfully, we were on the upper edge of the massive storm that came through and didn't get the worst of it. That being said, my kids did not go to school Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday because of the weather. Then they didn't go today because of a teachers' work day. (And they won't go next Thursday or Friday because of conferences. And they won't go on President's Day. So basically we could have just taken and extended vacation to somewhere warm this month and called it good. But I digress...)

I think my area got about 13.5 inches of snow. We never lost power or anything, so everything was fine besides going a little stir crazy. And it was really, really cold. Like negative temperatures cold. Here are some pics, although admittedly I wasn't that persuaded to get out in the freezing cold and take blizzard pictures:


  
JC's shovel kicked the snow's butt. I think it's going to take a while for those piles to melt, though.



The crazies building a snow fort. This was the 3rd day so the sky had cleared and obviously there isn't blowing snow. I made them at least wait until the afternoon when the temps were above zero and the wind chill advisory was lifted. Today they were out there again, but building a snow cave/tunnel.


I am ready for spring!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!!! You live way to far north. I would move 7-8 hrs to the south.

Lt Dan

Lara Neves said...

Great pictures!

I felt gypped! We got one inch out of the deal. We were about 50 miles north of where it stopped. Oh well, it isn't like we haven't gotten plenty of snow anyway!