Lest you all think I only read depressing books about the Holocaust, I will prove now that I don't. After the recommendation of both my sisters (aged 13 and 31 - that should tell you something), I read the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyers. I don't even want to say what it is about in fear that it will sound so corny you won't read it, but it really is a good book and although I don't think it starts off as strong as some books I've read, by about 1/3 of the way through I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. I was hooked. Addicted. It was a glad-I-finally-finished-it-so-I-could-get-on-with-my-life kind of book.
Without giving much away, this book is a love story, foremost, full of teenage angst (it actually is classified as a young adult book). It is also suspense-ridden and action-packed, and the characters come to life and stay with you after you put it down. Romeo and Juliet have nothing on Edward and Bella. At least both of them were human.
I can't wait to get my hands on the next book, New Moon. I think this series (there are only 2 books out now, the third is on the way) is original and fresh and I look forward to seeing what new twists and turns lie ahead.
I am also impressed with the author. Maybe because she is living my dream. She is a stay-at-home mom to 3 little boys and within 6 months had written and published this fantastic book. I have a book in me. It has been in me a long time. She has inspired me to bring it out. And then maybe one day someone can be writing on their blog about this great book they just happened across.

6 comments:
Cross over to the dark side sister.... Read FICTION books. Bwahahaaha!!
New Moon totally has twists that you aren't expecting and is a little depressing. Eclipse comes out the beginning of August. I've pre-ordered it.
The books at least expensive on Overstock.com
I do read fiction, thank you very much :-) I just tend to gravitate toward the nonfiction. Or historical fiction. I actually just ordered the 4th book of a fiction series I've been reading (which you would like a lot, by the way), and I am sure I will read the 7th Harry Potter book when Ali is finished with it.
I read somewhere that this series will have more than 3 books in it.
I have heard about those books from so many people, but I totally agree with you about it sounding hokey. If you reccommend it, though, I might give it a shot.
O' MY GOSH!!
I picked up this book on our way to OK this weekend and read over 300 pgs!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT PUT IT DOWN!
Do you have copies of the rest, that I can borrow???
Gretch - I have the whole series. Borrow away!!
Post a Comment