Saturday, September 8, 2007

Arbitrary Queries

1. Does anyone have a great razor they recommend? I have tried both Venus and Quatro razors and decided I don't like either of them. They are good for like a week and then they are like every other razor I've ever used. I've almost decided to just get cheapy disposable ones and replace them every week.

2. What was your favorite Harry Potter book? Read any other good series?

3. If you could pay just under $200 and spend only 2 hours assembling ingredients that are already chopped and cooked, etc. into 2 weeks worth of restaurant-quality entrees for your family, would you do it? I ask because of this.

4. Arbitrary queries heard at dinner tonight:
Big J: "Which one of these words are Spanish? Cat or cato?"
Little J: "What about this one? Hy-e-na."

8 comments:

Tori :) said...

1. I use Venus and it lasts me for quite a while. You must be hairier... kidding.

2. Um... no. You know I don't read.

3. I used to do freezer cooking with Shauna and it was nice. And I did save money doing it with other people. That's different than what you're talking about but anything that saves me time and I don't have to cook everyday sounds good to me!

4. I'm gonna go with Hyena. Am I right?? ;)

~j. said...

1. I don't even pay attention to which brand of razor, and I guess since I work in a salon/spa, I should probably be getting my legs waxed anyway. Good luck with your search.

2. The seventh, because finally I could justify to the world my intense love for Snape. Seriously, he's ALWAYS been my favorite. The chapter recounting his memories actually made me cry (don't tell anyone, that makes me sound so LAME). As for other series(es)...I know I've read The Babysitters Club, but that was a while ago.

3. Yes, I'd do it, and I just got an invitation to do something similar at a place called "Dream Dinners" in Orem, but it's in a few weeks, on Curly's bday, so I haven't decided if I'll go or not. But, honestly, it's a no-brainer. Have you seen what's on their menu?!

4. We get these a lot, too. I like hy-e-na being spanish for cat.

rogersinkc said...

I'm good with Venus. Haven't shaved in quite awhile until lately since I'm back into wearing shorts.

Haven't read any of them.

I've decided those "dinner places" are a waste of money. But I guess if you hate to be in the kitchen it could be the way to go. With our small family of 4 I don't even spend $180 a month in food let alone just for 12 meals.

I'm with Big J. Doesn't everything in spanish begin with "el" and end with "o"? lol

swampbaby said...

Tori - I liked Venus better than Quatro. I think I am hairier...

~j - I loved book seven. I really liked book 3 (isn't that where Expecto Patronum came in?) I don't know why - it's the only one I ever had a dream about.

Rogers - I don't know how you eat on only $180 a month! I can drop that in one shopping trip. I can drop that in eating out in a month. If you aren't living on something like hot dogs and canned baked beans, do tell how you do this...

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Tara,
1. I like using the disposable BIC SOLEIL. You can usually get a 2 or 3 $ coupon from the Sun paper on them. I have tried all the others, I like this one. They last a while also.

2. Have not read any.

3. I have been thinking of doing this. Go to Star 102 and click on the 1/2 price deals and you can get a $50 cert. to one of these places for $25 bucks, so that is an extra savings!!
I'll go with you!!

Ashley said...

I came over from Tori's blog. My kids have been sick for a freakin whole week so I have been a blog browsin fool.

1. I use mens razors, they work the best.

2. I really liked three and three was also my favorite movie so far!

3. If only I could hire a personal dinner chef for $200 a week....that would be the life.

swampbaby said...

Gretch - Thanks for the discount tip. I definitely think it is worth checking out. Let's do it!

Ashley - Thanks for stopping by! I'll come visit you on your blog soon.

Emily said...

1. I only shave once a week so Venus works fine for me.
2. Favorite HP book? Probably #4. Other good series? Alvin Maker by Orson Scott Card, Anne (of Green Gables) by L.M. Montgomery, Lord of the Rings, The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, etc.
3. I did it at Super Suppers and enjoyed having easy ready-made meals anytime I wanted.
4. Gato not cato
I'm a friend of Tori's, like your blog.