JC and the boys (excluding Little Man) went to the annual father/son church campout last night. Thankfully, they all came back alive despite the severe thunderstorms that decided to descend upon them during the night. There was tons of thunder and lightning and it poured on them for a total of 2 3/4 inches and winds got up to 40 mph. At that point, they ended up moving into the van. But the boys thought it was a grand adventure and had a blast.
So what fun and exciting adventure did I have while I basically had the night to myself, you ask? Did I go and get a mani or a pedi? Did I call up all my girlfriends and say "come on over!" for a girls' night? Did I get a babysitter and head out shopping? Well, let's see.... I did catch up on all that laundry-folding that needed to be done. Oh, and I almost finished all the cue cards for the Primary program coming up in 2 weeks. I was multi-tasking while doing these things and managed to watch the movie Deja Vu on TV. Par-tay.
That is why I say I am a 3. On the Great Scale of Fun, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, I am a 3. I actually should probably be more like a 2 or 1 1/2 since it DIDN'T EVEN OCCUR TO ME to do any of those fun things until way after the fact. But, I do feel like I at least possess a certain array of social skills - however under utilized they may be - so that bumps me up to a 3.
I've always kind of been a homebody. I mean, I really do enjoy getting together with people, but I also don't feel like I have an innate need to spend my time that way. Lucky for me, my husband is much more social than I am and so I have social interactions by default. Otherwise, I'd probably be more anti-social than I already am.
So, here's to a night of "freedom" spent in my pjs eating M&Ms and fulfilling my obligations. Cheers!
6 comments:
Sometimes it's nice to just get stuff done! How wonderful that you had a night to yourself! How did you watch Deja Vu alone? I couldn't do that!
It's fun to see your cute family and catch up...even though we haven't seen you since "Union Square"! I'll check back often!
-Holly Casabar
Wow! Hi Holly! Long time no talk! How'd you find me? However it was, I'm way excited. I saw your blog and your family is the cutest! Thanks for stopping by and let's keep in touch.
M & Ms and pjs are good. Husband gone with the kids is good. Where do I sign up?
I think an evening like that sounds delightful. And...I just need to say that your "being a homebody" must be time well spent, because being in your home is one of my favorite places in the world to be -- the spirit there is really wonderful and loving, and it's obvious how important home is to you. Cheers.
( me delurking) My kids (except one) all went out of town with their dad to go hunting. Normally I would've been catching up on laundry, but last night another blogger came over and we were playing cards. My son who stayed in town called me to tell me when he would be home and the converation went like this: "Mom?" "Yeah." "What are you doing?" "b. is over and we're playing a game, Why?" "Because you sound like you're having fun." He's 16. What does it say about me that after 16 years he sounds surprised?
Tori - yeah, all that was missing was "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"
`j - Thanks. You are too kind.
Compulsive - thanks for stopping by! I've seen you on Tori's blog before. Glad to meet you ;-)
Post a Comment