Friday, January 25, 2008

The "Everything You Never Cared to Know about Me and JC" Meme

Lara tagged me a while back with this husband meme. Enjoy...

What’s his name? Juan Carlos (J.C.)

How long have you been together? Married 10 years in May.

How long did you date? I don't know if or when we officially started dating. Probably about 11 months, including our engagement, from the time we started "unofficially" dating.

How old is he? One year and three days younger than me - 33.

Who eats more? Probably him. But I can give him a run for his money. I eat more sweet stuff than he does.

Who said I love you first? He did.

Who is taller? Him - by 1/2 a foot.

Who is smarter? We're both smart in different things, but in overall general knowledge (both useful and random) he is.

Who does laundry? Me. Always.

Who does the dishes? Mostly me. He has been doing the dinner dishes a lot more, though.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Facing the bed - him.

Who pays the bills? He does now. I did for the first 6 or 7 years of our marriage.

Who mows the lawn? Usually me. But last summer I think it was more equally split. The long grass bothers me more than him, so I usually just do it to get it done.

Who cooks dinner? Always me. If JC is making dinner, it means we are going out to eat, which I don't complain about.

Who drives when you are together? Usually him. I try to pawn it off as often as possible. On long trips, always him because he gets car sick.

Who is more stubborn? Hmm... we are both very stubborn, but I would probably say I am more.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me, but I was happy to comply. I remember thinking that it was about time!

Who asked out who first? He invited me to go get (the equivalent of) a Jamba Juice across the street when I got off work.

Who proposed? He did. I don't know why I was so surprised, because we had talked about it.

Who has more siblings? This is interesting. We are both the oldest of 5. We each have one sibling of the opposite sex, and those siblings are the same age and in the same birth order position as the other one.

Who wears the pants in the family? I think we both have a leg in. We always consult with each other on decisions.

***I TAG Gretchen, Milli, Jenny and Noel.....and anyone else who wants to spill the beans.

2 comments:

Tori :) said...

Yes- y'all are both stubborn. But I say he's more stubborn. Not that I live with him or anything. Just from observing. You let more go.

I liked this meme! I may have to do it because I don't talk about Sei enough... ;)

~j. said...

Me? My name is too common...I'm gonna go with, yes, you tagged me. I really actually like memes, and I enjoyed reading this about you!