Little J wanted to have a Star Wars themed birthday party this year, so that is what he had. What is funny is that he has only seen the last 3 episodes (the original) of Star Wars and has acquired most of his Star Wars knowledge from playing Lego Star Wars on the Xbox.
As his friends arrived, they all got to pick their "space craft" (spray-painted boxes with the end flaps cut off) and then design and decorate it at will. The day before the party I spent an hour spray painting our recycling collection of boxes and plastic containers gold for them to use as their accessories. They also had access to crayons, paper, straws, pipe cleaners, stickers - you name it! I was really impressed with how creative these kids were in designing their space ships. There were many added features like booster rockets and, of course, guns. They also had the opportunity to design their own droid. Several of them made little R2-D2s out of spray painted juice jugs.
Little J was so funny opening his gifts. He'd rip them open to see what it was and before we could oooh and aaaah over them, he was on to the next. We gave him a Storm Trooper costume, a Lego Star Wars T-shirt and the soundtrack from Episode IV, which served as background music for the party.
Don't let the balloon touch the ground!
(Notice in this pic Little J is over the game and has moved on to check out his gift stash).
I can't believe Little J is already 5! Well, technically he isn't 5 until Wednesday, so I have a few more days, but close enough. I remember so clearly when he was born. With Big J, I had pushed for an hour and a half and had expected the same with Little J. But bless his little heart, he popped out after about 10 minutes and I was so grateful! As a baby, I would get so many comments on how beautiful he was. Strangers in the grocery store would come up to me and say things like, "I'm sorry, I just had to tell you that he is such a beautiful baby!" He was also my first introduction to what a good baby is.
Little J has always been my affection-loving one, wanting me to rub his back and cuddle with him. He can still be calmed by me holding him on my lap and rubbing his back. He definitely is my little firecracker, though! Little J has the most colorful personality I know. The way his mind works is a continual fascination and source of entertainment for me. I love the fire in him. I love the strength that his spirit has. Little J is a smart, kind-hearted boy and he is going to grow up to do great things.
Five years old! (Or in Little J's opinion, apparently he is 10).
6 comments:
You always have such great ideas for parties! Will you throw my next birthday party? Haha :)
What a great party!!
That look like a ton of fun!!!
WOW! I can't believe he is already 5!!
I do remember him as a baby!!
That's when we became friends!!
WOW!
What a cool party!!! You are uber-creative. Come help me plan Ellie's.
That looks like a seriuosly fun party! You are so awesome at all you do! I can't wait to have you help me plan the twins 2 year old party, Get Ready!!!
What a fun Star Wars party!! Five years old, wow!! I hate how fast they grow up.
Post a Comment