I admit that I am not up on all the kiddie shows out there today. But I have to wonder what is going on with children's TV? There is some weird stuff out there! While we were in TX, there was a show on that my niece Liv was watching that I thought was supremely freaky. It had painted people that danced around and sang. Kind of like The Wiggles on crack. I think it was called The Doodle Bops or something like that. Then today, I saw something that even topped the freaky factor of that.
My kids don't watch that much TV, especially not to the point that we know what days and times certain shows come on. If they do watch something they usually just watch whatever show is on and appealing to them at the time. This morning Little J wanted to watch something while I was getting ready, so we turned on the TV and this show with a guy in a bright orange jumpsuit and a bright orange wig is on. Then there were these creature things whose mouths didn't move talking about learning a "dancey dance" and the guy in the orange wig was talking to them. I had NO IDEA what this acid trip of a show was. Apparently, it is called Yo Gabba, Gabba! which that in and of itself lends to the high on acid theory. No offense to anyone out there if this is your kids' favorite show or something, but seriously, what the hell is this??
4 comments:
It's YO GABBA GABBA. I wrote a little post on it the other day. Liv LOVES it. They always have special guests. Tony Hawk was one and Sugarland... Biz Markie does a beat of the day. It actually grows on you...
My fave is "Hold Still.... WIggle wiggle wiggle GO!" and "Pick it Up!"
I am a loser.
She beat me to it: we freaking LOVE this show (I did write about it a while back...). Because of a song/chant on this show, my kids have tried more foods than at any other time in their lives ("I tried it...and now I like it!"). And we like the "Hold Stiiiiiiillll" song, too. And Biz Markie.
Ok that is freaky! Too much exctasy on that set! Hey awesome job on the running. You are just a natural!
tori and ~j - Honestly I don't know how either of you can stand it. I saw about two minutes and that was two minutes of my life I regret losing.
millisue- thanks, but I assure you that "natural" and "runner" are not accurate descriptions of me or what I do :-)
Post a Comment