Thursday, March 13, 2008

My New Present *see edit below

Yesterday before I *tried* to run, my husband came in and said, "I got something for you" and proceeded to hand me a tiny box with this inside:

In case you don't know what it is, it is an IPod Nano in red. It's the tiniest little thing! He got it engraved on the back for me with my name and "Hot Tamale" underneath it, which I thought was cute. He also gave me the arm band to hold it in while I run, as well as the little thing you put in your shoe that keeps track of the distance you've run, the pace, calories, etc. Can you tell I am so techno-savvy that I don't even know the real name for it?*

Anyway, I was very surprised and am excited to try it out! JC has like 5000 mp3s on his computer so he put about 1200 of them on my IPod for me. I've never run with music before, so who knows - maybe now I'll just be a flash going by. Get me some Eye of the Tiger and I'll be good to go!
*I have since learned that the sensor I put in my shoe that links up with the IPod is called Nike+. I ran with it today and it is very cool. I can set my workout by desired time, distance, or calories wished to be burned and it will update me periodically on where I'm at. It will also keep track of all my workouts. If I go online I can upload them and it keeps track of everything.

6 comments:

Rach said...

How sweet. I think that thing that goes on your foot is called a pedometer. Good luck running!!!

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

WAy to go JC!!!!!

Super sweet

Tori :) said...

Cool!! I seriously have a bunch of Rocky on mine and the theme from The Contender. It really does pump you up... so I've heard. ;)

Anonymous said...

Momma could have told you: MUSIC
is MOTIVATIONAL !!! Enjoy it!

Maddy said...

OH that is so neat. What a sweet thoughtful gift. I read this post to Dustin. . .

S&J Jones Family said...

Awww...what a good husband! That's so thoughtful! I'm going to have to "accidentally" leave you blog open so that Spencer can read it :)