Monday, June 30, 2008

What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas Part 2

Click here if you didn't see Part 1.

Saturday was the big day for my little-brother-who-is-still-just-a-baby to tie the knot. Us sisters had fun cruising to the site with the windows down blaring "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night" with our sunglasses on and acting like total dorks. Proof:


Walker married Lissette in the LDS Las Vegas Temple, which is a beautiful temple set over in the mountains in Las Vegas. Lissette looked beautiful and was quite composed, in my opinion, throughout the entire day. I had teased Walker earlier that when it came time for him to answer the question of whether or not he took her for his wife that he better not squeak out a little "yes" like I did on my wedding day. He totally squeaked!

I got TONS of pictures with the wedding party afterwards, mainly by being like an annoying little fly and following behind the professional photographer and trying to get a snap in as he'd get everyone arranged looking good. Here are a few of the pics:

Let me tell you that it was hot standing out there in the Las Vegas sun! So we (the sisters) took off as soon as we knew we weren't needed anymore. We headed back to the room and stripped off our pantyhose as quickly as we could and just chilled for the next hour or so before we needed to be at the reception.

The reception was very nice and I don't want to know what the bill was for it. There was a private friends and family dinner beforehand, also, and we enjoyed ourselves getting to know the groomsmen and eating really good food.

Ali and I getting "toasted" on the sparkling cider

The reception was after the dinner and I had a blast. It was so much fun to dance and celebrate. It started out (for about 4 minutes) very subdued with a traditional receiving line until my brother went over to the DJ and told him he needed to shake the place up because he couldn't stand it anymore. So out comes "Play That Funky Music White Boy" and that was the end of the "traditional" receiving line.


I'm sure I made a fool out of myself, but I had good company with the other Solid Gold dancers (i.e. my sisters and Mom) that were also out there cutting a rug the whole time. Some highlights included our Thriller and Ice Ice Baby quasi-impersonations. My dad even got on the dance floor a few times (there is photographic evidence below). I'm sure people thought we must be drunk, but it was fun. Here are a few pics:

Boogie

Caught the garter

Cutting the cake (duh!)
Demonstrating how to create a sundae at the sundae bar

The happy couple and his two older sisters who will keep him in line

The following clip pretty much sums up my family's personality, refusal to follow boring traditions, and the fun time we had at the reception. For your entertainment, here is a Mother/Son dance I'm willing to bet is like none you've ever seen:

Walker also did the worm at one point during the Blues Brothers' "Shout" and we all got nice and sweaty shaking our groove thing. Close to the end, we realized that no one had decorated their getaway car, so I sacrificed a tube of lipstick to write on the windows and draw lots of hearts! They left amid a walkway of sparklers and bubbles and drove off into the sunset. Well, it was already dark, but you get my drift.

We were so tired by the end, but that didn't stop Tori and I from going back and cruising the strip at midnight (we actually were trying to find a specific souvenir shop and kept getting caught in traffic and taking creative "shortcuts"). I had to get up at 4:00 a.m. in order to return the rental car and catch my 6:15 flight, but since I was flying with no kids I was able to sleep some on the plane. Aaaaah!

Now I've been scrambling around trying to get us all ready to head down to Texas tomorrow morning for 4th of July and the Texas reception. Then we will be off to Florida for vacation. Then back to Texas so I can go to the big Mary Kay Seminar in Dallas. Eventually, we will make it back home!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We came. We saw. We kicked some snooty Vegas a#*!! I think it's in our genes! :O

Daisie said...

Tara I thorougly enjoyed these Vegas/Wedding posts! Wow does your family know how to party! How Fun!

Tori :) said...

So THAT'S how it is in that family!

s--max said...

Love your re-caps. Thanks for sharing!

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Your mom can reallly "cut a rug"!!!

WOW!!!

S&J Jones Family said...

It looks like you guys had a TON of fun! Watching that video made me miss dancing. That's how my brother should do it at his wedding in August!

Holly said...

How fun is your family! I love receptions that go against "tradition"!!! Hope you get caught up on your sleep!