Little Man was not converted to the beach. He hated walking in the sand. Every day when we first got there, this was him:
Eventually he would warm enough to the idea that he would sit on the edge of the sand where the water would touch (I guess this was more compacted so it didn't bother him as much) and bum rides out on whoever would take him out into the water:
They can dig holes:
They can bury themselves:
They can build sandcastles:
They can boogie board:
They can make up stuff to do, like throwing sand back into the ocean:
Here are some shots from the "village" and the nighttime fun:
Some other fun things we did included a day at "The Track". We played miniature golf, rode go-carts, etc. The boys totally gained up on me on the bumper boats. They cornered me and were out for blood! Poor Little Man just kept his face hidden the entire time. And after riding the go-carts, Little J declared, "I didn't wreck one single time! I could totally get my license!"
We also went to the Florida Gulfarium. It is like a mini Sea World. I saw one of the best multi-species shows I've ever seen there, and also the hugest sea turtle I have ever seen. If you look really close in the picture below you can see us at the rails right behind the dolphin.
I went to Seminar for 3 incredible days while the boys and JC partied at my parents and with their cousins. Eventually, we made it back home and this has been the fastest week ever since I've been busy playing catch-up after being gone a month. The boys start school in two weeks, so basically our summer is over. I can't complain, though. We've made lots of fun memories!
7 comments:
Did you see Joni at your convention? She mentioned you guys usually meet up.
Florida looks like so much fun. The beach is gorgeous and I love that "I hate sand face." My boy makes it far too often himself.
Looks like such a fun trip!! I am so glad you got to do it! And I am excited that we will be reunited in the same state in just 4 more days! Can't wait to catch up in real life!!
Holy Moley, I had to do a double-take because I thought that Big J was Alec! Glad you had fun, that beach looks so relaxing.
Maddy - I roomed with Joni. It's always so fun to see her. We pick up right where we left off!
Daisie - Can't wait for you to get back!
~j- You are not the only one. We always say that they are twins. Especially when they are together and both have their glasses on. They are close to the same size, too!
My last comment was supposed to be here!
I clicked the wrong one!!
LOL
That looks like it was a TON of fun!!!
Wow, that place looks amazing! Dang I want to go on a real trip, we just go to Utah all the time... lame! Can't wait to see you on Saturday. Im sure we will talk before hand.
How fun! That's great! The beach looks so great. And, I always love to see all the little comments that come out of their mouths. Hey, maybe your next trip should be to Seattle....
Post a Comment