Thursday, October 9, 2008

Entrepreneur

Yesterday as I drove Big J and his friend home from school, they were making big plans for their new company "Moldy Cheese Books, I.N.C." Not "inc." but i-n-c. I don't think they knew you could say "inc."

The plan was they would write books, all centered around cheese (??don't ask me why??), and then make copies of them, laminate them, and sell them. Anyone who wanted to be in their company had to pay them $1 a month and they would go around and ask stores if they would put their books on the shelf. They discussed getting a website made (Big J suggested hiring his dad to do this) and the web address would be http://www.moldycheesebooks.com/. Nobody go stealing that domain name, ok?

They were so cute making their business strategy. When we got home, Big J asked if he could borrow a clipboard because he was "the manager" of the company and needed a clipboard.

Big J is always trying to concoct ways to make money. For example, this past summer during Little J's T-ball games, he took an ice chest full of drinks and walked around asking people if they wanted an "ice cold drink for 50 cents." Nobody bought one - which may I just say is *TOTALLY LAME.* If I have money on me, I always buy from kids on the sidewalk selling popsicles or lemonade or whatever it is. I figure if they are taking the initiative to get out there and work hard to earn some money, then I can fork over a few cents. It's the principle of the thing. Kind of like I don't buy Girl Scout cookies or other fundraiser things like that unless the kid is the one selling to me, not the parents. Anyway, he didn't lose his entrepreneurial spirit, despite the rejection. In fact, he went back the next game and tried again.

So let it be known that I am giving you fair warning - WATCH OUT WORLD because one day Big J is going to be running things his way - armpit farts and all.

4 comments:

Tori :) said...

TOTALLY LAME is right! I would have bought one. I always do the same thing. If the kids are trying, I want to help. Soooo lame.

Please tell Big J to remember the little people (and his aunt) when he's rich and famous.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

That's awesome.

Alex and Heather said...

This kid is serious, arm farts and all! Seriously though, how do they get old and intelligent so stinkin fast?

Rach said...

People drive me crazy some times. My J set up a lemonade stand once with the neighboors and nobody stopped. LAME!! I would have bought a soda from Big J. Love the armpit farts!