Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Is In The Air...And On The Ground

And so it begins...

Today the boys and I filled 6 45-gallon lawn bags with mulched leaves. This in and of itself is not necessarily the most momentous thing, although that IS a lot of leaves, except when you factor in that that was from part of our front yard only. And that only 1 of our trees in the front has lost all of its leaves. We still have 3 more trees that need to drop leaves. Not counting the 10 or so in our back...

In other news, we finally carved our pumpkins this past Sunday. Little J picked out the hugest pumpkins possible, so it was quite a task to carve them all, but the boys had fun designing and gutting them. And we have a plethora of pictures taken by Big J of every. single. step. of. the. process. But I wil spare you, and only post a few of the final products.


Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Holy Huge Pumpkins! We have yet to carve ours...Your kids did a great job!

Tori :) said...

The jack o lanterns look awesome!!

I love your yard and trees, but I am not jealous of the leaves...

Anonymous said...

And a good time was had by all...
CWH

Alex and Heather said...

What I would give to jump in the leaves. So fun!