I gain a lot of weight when I'm pregnant. Every single time. With or without exercise. Winter or summer. Old or young. Since the day I gave birth to Little Miss, I have lost 43 pounds total. I realize this is like twice the amount of weight a lot of my friends even gain when pregnant. Since a week after having Little Miss, I have lost 25 pounds. All this would sound like I am really excited and bragging or something except for the fact that to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight I still need to lose 14 pounds. That's right - I gained 57 pounds when I was pregnant.
Taken at 39 weeks the day before I was induced with Little Miss.
To get to my ideal/goal weight I still need to lose 33 pounds because even though I was "fit" before I got pregnant, I was still too heavy. And what's even really more sad than that is that that goal weight is on the high end of what is recommended for my height and not even the lowest I've weighed as an adult. It is actually 15 pounds heavier than what I would consider the perfect weight for me. Are you keeping up? Anyway...
Now that that little whine is all out -
It has worked for me before to post my goals and report because then people are asking me about them and I don't want to feel like a loser. Except for the fact I want to be a loser - of weight - yeah, you get my point. So my immediate goal is to lose the 14 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I will do this by the last day of October. Lofty? Maybe. But I'm going to rock it! By next summer, I will be my ideal weight. *gulp* First things first, though.
I've been watching what I eat and I have started to run a little again. The word "run" being used as liberally as possible. *What's that sound I hear? Oh, it's my thighs rubbing together!*I signed up for the KC 5k on October 17th as a motivator. Funny that last year at the same event I was running the 1/2 marathon. Hmmm....
I know I need to exercise every day so I am going to start doing that and hopefully I won't totally suck by the run. My issue is time management right now. Because you wouldn't believe how often I walk around in my workout stuff and other things take over. I just need to do it.
So there you have it! Full confessions and what I'm going to do about it.
10 comments:
You go girl!
I don't think having 14 pounds to lose after having a baby only 3 months ago is totally unheard of. I gained a decent amount, run like crazy and I'm STILL not back to my pre-preggo weight. It's just hard to take when the scale stops dropping pounds every week and you really have to work at it. I think I need to stop eating dessert every day. Yeah, every day.
I was surprised by how fast my cardio came back. It seriously started really slow, but after about a solid month of putting in the effort, I was back to/above where I was before. Plus you are a running MACHINE! I'm sure it won't even take you that long.
My goal is to be back to my goal weight by Thanksgiving. Because that is when Dustin's family is coming to visit and all the girls are disgustingly skinny/obsessed with their weight. Plus I'm the only one without fake boobs.
I hear you! In my case, contrary to popular believe, having big boobs does not make you look thinnner. I only need to to loose 7 lbs from the pregnancy but I'm not at my ideal weight either. At least you actually set a goal and meet it and I can't stop eating Haagen-Dazs Pineapple Cococut ice cream, It's my downfall.
Oh yeah, I too hate those people that are super skinny and claim they are fat.
You can run with me. :)
Lt Dan
Way to go Tara! I know you can do it! You are always a great motivator for me!! I only wish we lived closer and could work out together! Not that I could keep up :)!! I was just admiring my disgusting stretch marks in the mirror and thinking #*&@#!!!! So you are my hero, and I hope to follow in your footsteps someday soon!! Good Luck!!!
:)Good Luck! You and I are in the same boat (mine is much bigger, much much bigger) but you can do it!! Your little cutie is a doll!!:)
I've got your back, baby! (No "baby got back" pun intended!)
You've made 2 breakthroughs already: 1.Getting disgusted enough with YOURSELF to say, "I will...if it kills me!" and
2.Taking the Nike mindset: "Just DO IT!" Things will always get in the way if you allow it to.
Now that I'm not teaching seminary or making other excuses for my time, I've started running just this week. I'll run at least on T/Th when I don't teach aerobics.
So should I come up & do the 5k with you?!?!? You beat my time at last 5k. Maybe I could beat your's! :O
Well... my baby is 3 1/2 YEARS old and I weigh 20 pounds more than I did when she was 3 months old. So... this "pregnancy weight" just keeps coming back. lol I am trying to lose weight also. And I've found some great products to help with my energy as well that I will email you about.
Speaking of thighs rubbing together- I got a friggin' burn on the inside of my thighs in Florida from wet board shorts and skin rubbing together. How fat is that??
Mom always beats my time. I just let her since she's an over-achiever and I'm... not. :P
Hey Tara,
I am sure you can do it!! All the kids are looking great. And so are you even if you feel fat!!
yes, I know you "think" I am super skinny! but I am not.. not for my frame! I chickened out on the 1/2 because I pulled my connective tissue in my leg..I gained 10 lbs in the past two weeks! it sucks.. so now I need to lose 22 lbs to be at my ideal weight!
I am proud of you! I love the preg pic you are soo beautiful!!
Post a Comment