Monday, November 23, 2009

Who is this kid??


So my 9-year-old got all responsible on me. He had come home from school on Friday because he wasn't feeling well and had a stack of homework he was suppose to bring back on Monday. Well, Saturday was crazy, as you can read from the post below and then Sunday he just forgot about it and messed around all day until Sunday night. By the time he remembered, it was time for bed.

Now you may think I am mean, but I am a big believer in natural consequences. And since I had told him earlier he needed to get his homework done and he chose not to do it, then I wasn't going to let him stay up to finish it when he finally decided to get around to it. But, to my complete and utter surprise, this morning when I came downstairs at 5:30 in the morning (because Little Miss has been going through a growth spurt and has decided to keep waking me up anywhere between 3:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. to eat) there was Big J at the kitchen table working on his homework! He had set his watch alarm for 5:00 a.m. so he could get up and finish it before school. Whaaaat?? After I got over my shock, I was really proud of him for being so independent and taking responsibility all by his own initiative. I have hope for the future!!

3 comments:

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

thumbs up!!

hopefully by this summer you will wake up and.. the lawn is mowed!!

We still have to drag Raegan out of bed.. I think she would sleep rt thru an alarm clock....

Tori said...

I'm pretty sure he got that from me...

Tori said...

I'm pretty sure he got that from me...