Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, My Not-So-Little Little J

Little J had his 8th birthday about a week and a half ago. We waited to do his official party until this past weekend when his cousins were supposed to be here for Spring Break. However, my brother-in-law was in a terrible accident while on duty as a cop the day before they were supposed to leave, so they weren't able to come. Thankfully, he is just banged up and not seriously injured, which is a miracle in and of itself.

My mom was in town for his actual birthday, so she took him for a one-on-one birthday breakfast and then he got to pick where we went for dinner, as well. We had a cake with trick candles (which was hilarious) and he got to open presents from us.

 
As you know, I usually do the themed parties in the backyard, but Little J's group of friends when they are all together are just too much. In all truthfulness, after last year's party I wanted to have that whole group over again as much as I wanted to stab needles into my eyes, so I took the stress-free way out and we had it at a fun place called  Emerald City. They had an hour and a half to run around to their heart's content burning up all their energy and then we had a party room for half an hour for cupcakes and presents. Perfect!






Eight is a big age! Little J started Cub Scouts and will be getting baptized next month when my dad and my mom are both able to come up, so we are looking forward to that.  Looking forward to a great year!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Still bummed we couldn't come. :( The video made me LOL. I'm glad he had a great bday!!

Daisie said...

I love the trick candles! That was great!! I cannot believe how old your boys are getting!!! So fun!