Check out that length! I bet it was a good 6 inches.
He's had his hair trimmed 5 or 6 times, but I've never done anything more than just cut the "wings" on his sides or trim a little on his bangs.
This time I did a little boy haircut.
And then I cried.
I'm not exactly sure why, but I felt something - sad, maybe? I've never felt that way when the others got their first haircut, but for some reason this time choked me up. Even this morning when I saw him, I felt a little pang of whatever it is. I think it was because this was another step away from him being a baby and his babyhood has flown by so fast. And since I don't know if I'm going to ever have another baby or not, it made me feel something.
You have to admit he is a handsome fella, though. The final product:
Big boy!!!!
5 comments:
You did a much better job on his hair than I did on Liv's bangs. She looked like a page in medieval times. Like she should go fetch a knight his sword...
Mason is a cutie!!
Mason looks very cute with his first real hair cut. I know how you feel as his Mom. I thought Cinnimin was my last one but 3.5 years later out popped Davah Feliz--a happy baby like Mason. Who knows what the future holds!
He looks good!
He is getting so big, too fast!
Darin wants to cut Bubby's hair so badly, but I just want his cute little boy curls to stay...*sigh*. I know one of these nights, I'm going to come home from work and his hair will be cut. You did a great job! He looks a lot like your older boys to me!
Tori - LOL. Page boys are the new rage.
Sherry - Thanks for stopping by! I think that he is probably not my last, but you never know. I'm getting old....
Gretchen - You will die when you see him walking around looking all big. He's not a baby anymore!
~j - Once you cut the curls they are gone! Little J had a mullet of curls and they never came back (although his hair is still wavy). You are right - Little Man is a perfect mixture of how both my boys look. he has Little J's face shape and smile and Big J's coloring and smiley eyes.
Post a Comment