Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Will Survive


First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side

So I am glad to report that I did not turn into a whimpering mess on Big J's first day of school. I was nervous for him and weepy for a large part of the day, but today has been better. I think his ok-ness with everything helped me. He was nervous the day before, but he did great! He was so excited he was getting to the point that it was obnoxious, so it was a little easier to let him go ;-)

Yesterday, I asked him if he wanted me to walk him into his classroom and his answer was, "No, I'm fine!" And he was. He hopped out of the van and ran off with a wave. The P.E. teacher, Mrs. Chambers, was on crosswalk duty and said something to him as he went by then looked up at me . I smiled then motioned with my hand like I was wiping my tears and she nodded her head and smiled at me with a knowing smile.

I guess I will be ok..... *sigh*
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

3 comments:

Tori :) said...

I will be the same way on Monday when my baby goes to (gulp) JR. HIGH!!! Aagghhh!!
YAY for big boy J!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Before we know it we will be sending our children off to college and we won't know where all the time went. I'm so glad Big J is enjoying it or then it would really be hard. Heidi

Tofutti Kline said...

Were you dancing while you sang this?