I admit - I did not jump on the bandwagon until 5 of the 7 books were out, because I was never attracted to reading them. That is because they're not really in my genre of books I enjoy reading. But I repented of my ways and saw the light :-). All I have to say is that J.K. Rowling is a masterful storyteller and deserves to be a gazillionaire. For all you out there who have refused to read this series for whatever reason (**cough, cough, Tori, cough cough**), you are missing out. The movies do not do the books justice - they are water-downed versions of a much more intricate and engrossing story. Now I need to go read Eclipse.Tuesday, September 4, 2007
You...Complete...Me....
I just finished reading this:
I admit - I did not jump on the bandwagon until 5 of the 7 books were out, because I was never attracted to reading them. That is because they're not really in my genre of books I enjoy reading. But I repented of my ways and saw the light :-). All I have to say is that J.K. Rowling is a masterful storyteller and deserves to be a gazillionaire. For all you out there who have refused to read this series for whatever reason (**cough, cough, Tori, cough cough**), you are missing out. The movies do not do the books justice - they are water-downed versions of a much more intricate and engrossing story. Now I need to go read Eclipse.
I admit - I did not jump on the bandwagon until 5 of the 7 books were out, because I was never attracted to reading them. That is because they're not really in my genre of books I enjoy reading. But I repented of my ways and saw the light :-). All I have to say is that J.K. Rowling is a masterful storyteller and deserves to be a gazillionaire. For all you out there who have refused to read this series for whatever reason (**cough, cough, Tori, cough cough**), you are missing out. The movies do not do the books justice - they are water-downed versions of a much more intricate and engrossing story. Now I need to go read Eclipse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Alec just finished book 5. I just remember being suicidal when I was watching the 1st movie, so I was totally turned off. But perhaps I may read them... sometime.
PS. It's much cooler to love a werewolf than a nerdy warlock.
The movies are weak comparatively. In all honesty and non-biasedness, the Harry Potter series overall is better than the Twilight series. Different, obviously, but I enjoy both.
There is a werewolf in Harry Potter.......but he's not hot.
Mike is doing the same thing. We've got Book 1 on hold at the library.
WHA??? You waited that long? I gave in when book 3 came out, so I've been waiting all this year. I had the book read in a little over a day. I'm so sad it's all over!
And I agree -- it is better than Twilight, but I do love Twilight as a replacement of something to look forward to!
I haven't yet started the Twilight nonsense, but, like you, I started Harry Potter after book 5 came out (I read the first 5 books in 6 weeks). I wanted the 7th book to just keep going...I wanted to know more of the story...and that's what a good book is supposed to do, to make you want that.
Rogers - He will be hooked. I really got into it on the 3rd book.
Maddy and ~j - I am sad it's all over, too. I can't believe how REAL this fantasy world became. Great series.
Post a Comment