THE PERPETRATOR:
*Sidenote - those are the diamond earrings JC gave me for our 10 year anniversary, for those of you who wanted pictures. Who says you can't wear diamonds to a T-ball game?!?
THE WEAPON:

THE CRIME:
Last Monday, as in the Monday before this past Monday, I went to pick up Little J from an Art Workshop at this really fun children's museum called Wonderscope. In my rush... in my distraction of making sure he was indeed buckled as claimed... I backed up and turned into the telephone pole. (That is stupidly placed right in the middle of a parking lot behind the parking spots, I might add, but that's beside the point). What is even worse, is that even after I hit it, I still didn't know what I had hit until I got out of the car. I didn't/couldn't even see it at all. - Go ahead, make snide remarks here and/or women driver jokes.
When I saw the damage, I was surprised at the extent of it and then immediately felt sick. The bumper was crushed, the panel above it was cracked, and the light cover was broken. I did not want to go home and tell JC I had wrecked the van - again. Yes, that's right, again. Not that long ago (I want to say it was in the fall, but I'm not sure) I backed into someone who pulled in behind me in a friend's driveway. Well, actually she had pulled in behind the car next to me and then decided to switch over to behind me after I was already backing out. She was switching and I was backing at the same time. Anyway, it was my fault, and our van was damaged.
But back to THIS moment of incompetency.... We get home and I'm trying to figure out the best way to inform him of the accident and Little J blurts out, "Mama wrecked the van! She crashed into a pole!" To his credit, he handled the news well with minimal jibing. I was required, however, to make penance by letting the entire world know of my ineptitude by posting pictures on this blog.
Our van was in the shop all week so they could fix the $1400 worth of damage. Thankfully, our deductible is only $250 of that, plus the $11 extra per day our insurance doesn't cover for a rental that is big enough for all of us, but still. AND to make matters worse, I get home from picking up the van today and get out of the van to hear a loud hissing sound which quickly deteriorated to this:
I give up.
8 comments:
You have always had a problem seeing small things while you drive...bus, etc..
Chief White Hair
No snide comments from me. I did the same thing only it was a tree...it was several years ago, and our car was only half fixed (long story) so I have a lovely blue spot there to remind me.
I backed our van into Joel's car because he never parks in the driveway and then he did one day. The van didn't get too damaged, but his car did.
And...well, there's more. But I'll spare you.
:)
Chief White Hair stole my bus joke. Why don't you tell about THAT accident... Or I could if you want, because I'm nice like that.
Oh man that SUCKS! Good thing men are not prone to over reaction. I had to tell Dustin I got my first ever speeding ticket and while I'm sobbing he is telling me it's no big deal. Of course he doesn't have to go sit in traffic school all day, either.
Good luck with the car!
Girl I feel for ya!
Lonnie totally wrecked my van the day before mother's day!!
He "said" the Light pole jumped out in front of him!! It was in Target parking lot!!
I think the bad van karma is over. It usually comes in threes! you've had your three, so done!!
Tara you are hilarious, and I don't judge that fact that you are a woman and the fact you wrecked your van not too many months ago... it happens!
I have done that, too!
THe flat tire just made me laugh! Car problems are the worst huh?!? Just to make you feel better...I've had 3 accidents with garage doors. No one but myself to blame that on!
Post a Comment