Tuesday, May 26, 2009

According to the numbers...

Number of times I have had sick kids this month: 3

My kids hardly ever get sick. For example, I had not taken Big J to the doctor in over 2 years. He hadn't missed a single day of school in over 2 years. Until this month - he missed 4 days of school. Crazy. He was sick twice this month and Little Man was sick once.

Number of pink eye cases in the past week (this number does not factor into the above number): 2

Thankfully, I was able to just call into the doctor for the second one instead of having to take them in. (Big J and Little J were the victims).

Number of gushing nosebleeds in the last 24 hours (2 of which bled for 20 - 30 minutes each despite pressure being applied): 4

Little J has always had a nose that bleeds more easily if it gets bumped, etc., but I don't know what the deal has been. He sneezed yesterday morning and had a big nosebleed, and then last night we went to dinner and he was leaning over his coloring and it just started gushing again. A nurse from another table actually came into the bathroom and applied pressure for a straight 15 minutes after seeing that we weren't able to get it to stop. I'm sure her dinner was totally cold by the time she got back. What a nice lady - her name was Amber. We never made it to the dinner part, as his nose would not stop and so we left debating if we should take him to the ER. On the way, it finally did stop, so we just went home. And then this morning he woke up and had a doozy of another one. From the playroom into their bathroom looked like a scene from a crime show. Then he had another one tonight after he said his knee bumped it when he was playing around. What is the deal?!

Number of days left until I am due: 25

I am now taking bets - you know, the traditional amount of labor time, birth day/time, baby's weight/height. To give you an idea for more accurate guessing, here is a summary of my past birth experiences:

Big J - Induced at 38 weeks because of pre-eclampsia; 16 1/2 hours of labor; Born at 10:24 a.m.; 7 lbs. 15 oz.; 21 inches

Little J - Induced at 38 weeks because of pre-eclampsia; 11 1/2 hours of labor; Born at 2:58 a.m.; 8 lbs. 5.5 oz.; 22 inches

Little Man - Induced at 39 weeks because he was gonna be a big one; 7 3/4 hours of labor; Born at 7:15 p.m.; 9 lbs. 4.3 oz.; 20 inches

I have been measuring between 2 - 4 weeks big since 30 weeks. As of today's appointment, I am dilated "a fingertip." Whoever guesses the closest wins. Well, you win nothing except the honor of being featured as the most omniscient reader of my blog, but hey, it will be fun!

17 comments:

S said...

June 12th 4-6pm 8lbs 2 oz

Anonymous said...

June 11th 1-2am 10 lbs 21/3 oz

CWH

swampbaby said...

S - Congrats on YOUR new little boy! Tori told me he was born. Hope you recovery quickly and everyond adjusts quickly.

CWH - Do you hate me or something? 10+ lbs.? UGH.

Lara Neves said...

It's a girl, so she has to be more petite, right? I'm a horrible guesser though. So I just hope she comes sooner rather than later. :) And that she is 7 pounds or less.

I used to have those kinds of nosebleeds as a child. They were always worse when the seasons were changing. I know you can get it cauterized really easily if it becomes a big problem.

~j. said...

Induced at 38 1/2 weeks because you feel like it

4 hours of labor

born at 11:04 a.m.

7lbs. 11 oz., 19 1/2 inches

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

JUNE 8
3:38 AM
8 LBS 13 OZ
21 INCHES

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

OH~ I say less than three hours of labor....since she is measuring big...it means she is probably in your pelvis ready to go and has her heals up high! ha ha ha

Maddy said...

Yuck -- what a week!

It sounds like you'll probably get induced, so I'm going with June 15th, 3:22 pm and 9 lbs 8 oz.

I'm about the same as you right now -- dilated to a 1 and 70% effaced. With this ever end??

Tori :) said...

Induced on June 13
6 hours of labor
4:18 pm
9 lbs. 11 oz.

Tori :) said...

I forgot- Taj's nose bleeds ALL.THE.TIME. Just outta the blue it will bleed and has since he was little. Idk why.

S said...

Thanks! Hopefully we can get together this month. six more days according to me:)

Kari Cole said...

I'm never great at guessing, but hopefully she gets here soon and safely!! How exciting! What a month you've had. We've definitely had some of those! I hate pink eye! yuck.

S said...

I posted so you can see the little guy! so tute!

S&J Jones Family said...

I say 9 lbs 3 oz..born at 9:45pm on June 12th..I don't know :) Good Luck!

Maddy said...

Sooooo?? Anything? I hve to say, I'm pulling for the induction on the 15th since that's my guess!

And I'm NEVER going to sleep again. My son refuses to sleep unless he is being held. I spent all last night trying different things to lull him to sleep, put him down only to have him wake up the second I put him down. So there is an upside to being huge and pregnant. Hey -- I'm STILL huge.

swampbaby said...

Nothing yet. I am 2 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. If I haven't had her by Monday, I will be induced as it has been confirmed she is around 9 lbs. right now.

S said...

I repredict Mon June 15th 8lbs 14oz!(LOL) Red hair blue eyes and rosy cheeks!
High noon!