Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ramblings

**Where do the days go? Seriously. I am up by 7:00 and usually go to bed between 11:00 - 12:00 and it seems like the days just speed by. I never watch TV during the day or something that I can pinpoint is a real time zapper, but it seems like all the "to do" things never get less. Does it seem that way to everyone else? JC asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day and I said, "A clean house," and he laughed and said, "No. Really." NO. REALLY.

**We've been having a house of sickies lately. Little Man came down with a low grade fever last Thursday and then it just went downhill from there. I took him to the urgent care on Saturday evening, because he had basically slept all day and his fever had spiked to over 103. He was SO lethargic and hadn't eaten hardly anything on Friday or Saturday. We were at the urgent care for 2 hours, and that entire time he just sat in my lap. I thought he had fallen asleep a few times, he was so out of it. They couldn't figure out what the deal was - his ears were fine, his lungs were fine, the strep test came back negative, etc. She told me that if his fever hadn't broken on Sunday then to take him to Children's Mercy. But that night his fever did break, he was drenched in sweat, and he seemed much better the next day.

Then yesterday I got a call from the school nurse that Big J was running a fever and had fallen asleep on the cot in her office almost immediately. So he came home and slept all day. His fever also went up to over 103. But today it is staying around 99.5 and he is definitely doing much better than he was yesterday. He's bummed because he is missing his field trip today, though.

So far Little J hasn't come down with anything except a cough that only pops up when he's laying down at night. Last night he sounded like a honking goose. And JC has kind of had a little cold thing going on this week, too. So...hopefully all this will clear out soon.

**What is up with Allison being voted off of AI last night? PLEASE! Danny was so terrible on rock night, I was embarassed for him. And he slobbers so much when he sings - it is gross. I was really hoping he was going home. This is my last time to watch AI. I'm just kind of over it. However, I will say I am excited for So You Think You Can Dance to start, even though that is the cheesiest name for a show ever.

**Have any of you ever watched the show Life? It is not returning next season and I am bummed. It was a smart show with good writing. I don't understand how shows like Scrubs stay on for years and years and shows like Life get cancelled. Some new shows I've started to DVR that I like are Castle and Lie to Me. Speaking of shows, I don't usually watch Medium, but JC's cousin, Davah, wrote the third episode of Medium's three-part finale. The first two episodes showed this past Monday and her episode will air next Monday (5/11) at 9PM. This was the last episode she wrote for Medium before leaving the show. So check it out!

**I am freaking huge and it is starting to bug and get really uncomfortable. I can't imagine my stomach getting any bigger and I cringe when I think of having 6 more weeks for this kid to grow. Half of my maternity shirts hardly fit anymore as it is.

**The kids only have 2 weeks of school left. I have several summer camps lined up, however. During the week Big J is at Cub Scout Camp, Little J will have Vacation Bible School during the mornings. Then Big J will have a science camp he will be at and Little J will have an art camp during the same time. A few weeks after that, they will both have swim lessons. And we are gearing up to start baseball for both of them. Big J actually had his first practice last night and missed it because he was sick. So hopefully there will be plenty of things to keep them occupied during their time off, but still have plenty of pool time, etc.

**My 11 year anniversary is this Saturday. We are celebrating by going to Little J's soccer game and having a BBQ for some friends that are moving. Yes, you should be jealous that you don't have as much romance in your life.

I could go on, but I'm sure these random ramblings will satisfy you enough for the time being. That is, if you are still awake after reading all of this... :-)

9 comments:

Karina said...

I hear ya about wanting a clean house for Mother's Day! Between homeschooling, dance lessons, church activities and trying to clean the house there is never enough time! I'm tired all the time and my hips and pubic bone hurts a lot. Did that ever happen to you? I've never experience that with my other kids.

Anonymous said...

Like the song says,"you will miss these days". :)

CWH

Heidi said...

Where does the time go?? I am so with you on that one. I feel like I run around like a chicken with its head cut off but by the end of the day I'm not sure what I have really done.

I hate sick time. So far this year we have managed to stay relatively healthy but we did have a bout of the fever with nothing to show for it.

I can't believe it's been 11 years. How is that possible?? I'm sure it feels like just yesterday!! Maybe you could give Ted and I some romance lessons. We are really hurting in that department or maybe it's just me that is hurting in that department!!

Maddy said...

I feel the same way about Mother's Day. D took them to Target and I thought, "I'd rather you call Molly Maids."

And why so many plans for the summer crazy lady. Aren't you having a baby? I'm squeezing in swim lessons before the baby and then my only other plan is to go on vacation.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I confess, I'm one of those people who are keeping scrubs in business... I do admit it is getting dumber and dumber. I totally love Medium... i'm behind in watching it, but have them all Tivoed.. thats awesome that his cousin is a writer!

swampbaby said...

Karina - I haven't felt that so far, but I have felt like she is doing somersaults on my bladder constantly.

Heidi - Yeah, uh, we've never been romantic.

Maddy - My plan is to have them occupied and out of the house, that is why I have so many things planned. Otherwise they will be here whining about how bored they are or just being comatose in front of the TV.

Milli - I think I just must not have a sense of humor because obviously lots of people like Scrubs that is why it stayed on so long. And, yes, Davah is a real cousin, not a "I'm-Mexican-so-I'm-related-some-how-and-call-everyone-my-cousin" cousin.

Tori :) said...

Life... What show was that? I vaguely remember the title.
Which one is Danny? The one who's wife died? I just watched AI this last to see No Doubt. THAT's what you can get me for my bday- No Doubt in Dallas May 30!!! (Or atleast tell my husband to get me tickets...;)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Yay!

Maddy said...

PS For maternity shirts that are getting short I LOVE this

http://www.target.com/Be-Band-Maternity-White/dp/B001DDRYDE/sr=1-3/qid=1241818405/ref=sr_1_3/189-5727958-6139515?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&rh=k%3Abe_bella_bands&page=1

You can just pick them up at Target and they instantly make your shirts long enough.

S&J Jones Family said...

I just volunteered the information that I wanted a clean house for Mother's Day. Spencer laughed too.