So I admit that I don't watch that many TV shows faithfully. I also admit that I am usually a season finale groupie, meaning that even if I haven't watched the show during the season (either regularly or at all) I will watch the season finale of it. I guess that's weird, but sometimes I don't want to invest time into a show, but I still have a slight curiousity about it so I will watch the finale because that is when all the good stuff happens anyway. I didn't really do that as much this year; however, here is my opinion on the finales I did see:
1. 24 - I thought the season was great, but the finale was just ok. Kind of anti-climatic for me. It was so anti-climatic that I don't really have anything else to say. My guess is they are going to cop out on the resolving of Jack's illness in the next season by making it a year or more in the future and making references to how lucky he was the experimental stem-cell treatment worked or something along those lines. I still don't like bad Tony, and he is still bad, even if he was doing all this under the pretense of righting past wrongs.
2. Grey's Anatomy - One of the best finales I saw for one reason only - I did NOT see the whole George thing coming at all, which usually I pick up on those things. I was completely shocked and audibly gasped when he wrote out "007"on Meredith's hand. And I was still shocked a few days later, so that means it was good. I liked how they left it open - did he/will he and Izzie die or not?
3. Private Practice - Good finale, although a little day-time soap opera-ish for me. They left plenty of things hanging, though, to make me want to see how they play out in the next season.
4. Fringe - Great finale. The whole Peter's gravestone revelation was cool and the ending in the alternate parallel universe with Leonard Nimoy and the Twin Towers was awe.some.
5. American Idol - I honestly didn't care who won, and I watched it for the performances only. I thought they were good, especially the ones with Queen, Kiss, Keith Urban and Lionel Ritchie. I doubt I will watch American Idol ever again, though.
6. Chuck - This was a great finale. It was possibly going to be a series finale, but I heard it got picked up for 13 episodes next year. I loved the whole "Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto" shoot-out scene. That was classic. And then who can't love the fact that Chuck has skillz now?
7. Life - As I've said before, I was really disappointed this show was cancelled. But I liked how they wrapped it up well enough with Crews swapping hostage places with Reese and taking out the Russian baddy with one swift move. And the insinuation he did it all because he's in love with her....aaawwww.
8. Lie to Me - It was just kind of like a normal episode, so pretty anti-climatic for a finale in my opinion. I like the show, but the main guy Lightman always looks to me like he needs to de-lice or something. Or at least take a shower.
I think those are all the ones I watched. I could be missing some, I don't know. If I can't even remember them, then I guess they weren't that great anyway. I know I still need to catch up on the NCIS episodes and watch the finale for that one. Other than that, the only show I will probably be DVRing now is So You Think You Can Dance.
What about you? What finales did you like?
4 comments:
Ok, Now I a mad!! I totally did not get to watch private practice!! HOW did I miss it....
I bet you can watch it on hulu.com. You need to watch it - psycho girl goes after Violet and her baby!
Are you stil knocked up?
Oh wait... maybe I did watch PP... was it the one where you think the baby is being cut out of Violet... or did another episode come on???
I can not find it on the website to replay!!!
Post a Comment