This weekend a friend and I went to see The Nanny Diaries. I would not recommend you waste money on this movie. Having never read the book, I assumed from the commercials that this was somewhat of a comedy and/or love story. WRONG!!! It is about how ridiculously rich people on East Side Manhatton waste their existence being petty and superficial and their kids get screwed in the process. It was just kind of depressing to me. And it wasn't even a good kind of depressing - you know, the kind where you feel sad and then there is a great resolution or life lesson or something of the sort learned at the end. What really was sad to me is that I know these type of people and situations really do exist, and I feel sad for the kids who live them.
On a brighter note, it was fun to go out regardless of the lame movie, and we did hit the Kohl's weekend sale afterward. :-)
4 comments:
I actually saw a Wife Swap or something where one of the moms had 2 or 3 kids and hardly ever saw them. Her nanny- who didn't really speak English- had them all day while she had her hair dried professionally, worked out at the gym, went to lunch with friends, went out to dinner with her husband... She NEVER did anything. She had a weekly allowance of like $2000. It was unreal. She changed a lot after the other lady put her in her place. (Supposedly...) Her husband was a jerk too and he apologized and came out to the other lady's house to chop wood for her.
Anyway... that was a long comment. Sorry.
Oh that's too bad. I actaully thought it looked cute. Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to see it. Maybe it will have to be the $1 McDonalds Red Box thing so I don't feel I've waisted too much $$.
p.s. did you ever loose the extra 15 pounds you wanted to by July 19th? never heard.
:-)
I'm turning over a new leaf and trying to have proper blog etiquette by responding to my comments. We'll see how long this lasts...
Tori - That's soooo much like my life is! ;-)
Maddy - Yes, it was a big disappointment.
Ann - Uh, no, but thanks for asking :-) I should have reported. I think I lost about 5 more. I will have to post and re-dedicate myself. Congrats on your goal, by the way :-)
Post a Comment