Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cancelled Anatomy Lesson

So I was talking to my sister on the phone about how our name exchange was uneven because she has so many kids, and it was decided I would take Liv in addition to the other names I had. I asked her if Liv would like a doll, because I remembered that sometime during the year I had picked up a doll (that was normally priced $35 and was on clearance for $4) thinking that I had enough nieces that at some point it would come in handy to give as a gift.

I hadn't looked at the doll stashed up in the closet pretty much since I got it so many moons ago, and went to get it down to see if it would work as a gift for an almost two-year-old. The first clue I should have had was that the baby was very life-like in features and size. It was naked except for a diaper. The fact that it it looked so real and had a plastic bag over its face inside the box was a little freaky, too.

There was no description on the box. It only said "Diana Collection". The baby had a little fake hospital bracelet on its wrist and from what I could see it said "Diana". Imagine my surprise when I took it out of the box and found this:

Apparently, this doll is not a Diana; it is an uncircumcised male!! We decided it must be one of those parenting class type-dolls. I guess I will need to make a run to the store to get Liv a new present.

5 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Hmmm....well at least you're only out 4 dollars!

Mrs. Burch said...

That is just hilarious. Maybe you can call him Deon instead.

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh! That is too funny!!!!

Tori :) said...

I will write my original comment when you texted me that pic:
"What the hell?!?!"

Mac said...

ROTFLMAO