Sunday, November 9, 2008

Arbitrary

Today was our annual Primary program. It has been delayed for several weeks, so I was glad to finally have it done. It was awesome, and even though I am the one who oversees it all, do not think I am tooting my own horn. I had nothing to do with its awesomeness. But it really was beautiful. We let a lot of the parts be filled in by the kids themselves and that brought such a sweet spirit to it to hear their little hearts. And of course they sang wonderfully. We have a small Primary compared to a lot of wards, and I thought they pulled it off beautifully!

In other news, I've got a pooch already. I guess this is what happens on your fourth kid, when your stomach is already use to being stretched out for huge babies. It says to itself, "Gut, we've done this before..." and then pooches out right away. Yesterday, someone came up and the first thing they said was, "Are you already showing?!" Yeah, uh, thanks for pointing that out. Then a lady I am friends with called me later saying she'd heard a juicy piece of gossip and wanted to confirm it. I told her yes, it was true, and asked how she heard the news. She said her 12-year-old daughter heard the above exchange and told her mom, "and then I looked, and you could totally tell." I tried sucking it in, but it doesn't work. Oh well!

And for my last piece of news, this Tuesday, all of you will be so jealous because my sister Tori is coming up from TX to go to a reunion concert of her teenage obsession when she was 13 or so. They came in concert to Dallas but she couldn't go that day, so she's coming here, which I am totally excited about. I was too old to get into all the pre-teen swooning when they hit it big, but my sister had her room plastered with their posters and played their music constantly. I remember she told me they were going to be as big as the Beatles. We went to their concert in Oklahoma City to see them once and then saw them going into their hotel afterwards. Donnie Wahlberg (that was a clue of who this group is) kissed my sister on the cheek. She bawled uncontrollably. But I am going to this concert with her, too, even though I am going to be a total poser. So come Tuesday night we are going to be rockin' the house at the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK concert. Oh yeah!

12 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Congratulations! On all of it, actually...a successful Primary Program, getting to go to the NKOTB concert, but most especially baby #4. Wow! Excited for you!

Daisie said...

Tara!! I love that you are going to that concert!! I was such a fan back in the day! In fact they were the first concert I ever went to! Decked out in the T-shirt and everything!! I cannot wait to hear all about it! And I am so glad you get to hang out with Tori! Have Fun!!

Tori :) said...

I an so stoked to go to the concert! Woo hoo!!!! YAY!!
Our primary program was today and can I tell ya- I LOVE not being the one to write it this year!! Congrats on a successful program. :)
And I have a pooch too- I'm just not pregnant.

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

I can't believe no one has asked.....

TWINS !!!!!??????

Girls I hope!

I saw you on Thursday and I thought you looked great! Maybe it was the dress you were wearing?!

Tori :) said...

I thought it Gretchen, but I didn't want to say it!

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't they be known as the Old Kids on the Block, or Been around the Block, or I can't Make it Around the Block Anymore, or...

Take your pooch, your sister, and have fun.

CWH

swampbaby said...

You evil speakers shut your mouths!! No, I'm just fat.

Maddy said...

That just sounds like the RIGHT STUFF! Have fun!

And I'm sure you're barely pooching but people only notice if you point it out. I have heard 4 is hard to hide, though.

And Congrats on having the CSMP over! Now you can coast for. . .oh a month. HA HA!

Tori :) said...

It probably IS twins because I wore my normal jeans until I was 20 weeks along with my 4th and 5th. Hmm... If it's twins will you move to Texas so I can help you?? Should I pray for twins??

swampbaby said...

IT'S NOT TWINS! And I can't compare to you because you never get huge and I get HUGE. I have never (even on #1) been able to wait until 20 weeks to start wearing maternity clothes.

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Not that twin boys would be bad, but a few little girls would even the tribe a little!! I'll even let you name one after me!
The older we get the higher the chances are of conceiving twins!
I would seriously go get a sonogram pronto!!!

Meanwhile, have fun tomorrow night!

: O : )

Anonymous said...

Hey it's a fourth baby thing. I to started showing and wearing maternity clothes way to early this fourth time around. I also get the "maybe its twins" comment. Drives me crazy. It is not. I have had two ultrasounds. Look back to Oct.18th or 19th. I left a comment there about the fourth and final for us. Stacey