Well, it's over. I admit it, I cried. I still stand completely behind all my previous sentiments. But, I am ready to move forward and give President-elect Obama a chance. And I do recognize and appreciate the significance of this election. I hope he can deliver all his ponies and rainbows. If nothing else, we'll have some good revival speeches to listen to for the next 4 years.
16 comments:
I believe that a lot of his supporters will have a rude awakening!! They think he is just going to hand out to them and they are dead wrong! He follows practices that are similar to UNOI. He will make them rise above and better their selves.
But we will see!!
I did see some psychics on the view and they said he would only have one term and that both nominations in 2012 would be women!!
Wow. Well let's hope the psychics are right. :)
we can always impeach him when he screws up. :-)
I cried too- a lot. That's what I do when I am frustrated and scared.:(
So I just read your last post, it doesn't matter any more, since the election is over. But I completely agree with you. You have a great way of putting my thoughts into words. I enjoy reading what you write.
A good pick me up song is "God Bless the USA" I heard it this morning in my spin class and it made me cry. No matter whos President, I am proud to be an American!
Hey -- I almost cried too!
Sorry for your loss :(
I think our tears were tears for different reasons. Let's get one thing clear - I was not a McCain lover or "McCainiack" as your sister's post stated, and was disappointed in his selection as the Republican candidate. At the beginning of this election year, as all years, I listened with an open mind. I had nothing against Obama. And I still have nothing against him personally, but his policies I can not agree with at all. But, as I said, I will afford him the respect his office deserves, UNLIKE most Democrats did for George W. Bush the last 8 years.
Someone called you a "McCainiack?" Oh brother.
Wow. There are really some tacky, sore winners out there, aren't there?
Yeah, some people assume because they were sore losers the last time around that everyone will be a sore loser.
The whole thing was a joke. She doesn't think anyone is a McCainiack. Nor did she call YOU a McCainiack. No one thinks anyone is a sore loser. IT WAS A JOKE and to no one in particular.
I can't believe this is happening really. This is so out of control out of nothing.
Sister-
For the record I think Dustin is talking to me because they deleted my comment (and I guess some others. idk) off that lame post. Here's what my comment said. I'm not sure why it was deleted or why Dustin is commenting on YOUR blog about my comment unless you left one that I didn't see...:
I haven't seen any real sore losers either (although I'm sure they are out there.) I have seen tacky, disrespectful, sore winners right outside the White House yelling to "Evict Pres. Bush NOW!", and "GET OUT NOW!" etc.. It's pretty embarrassing.
I didn't vote for Obama, but I will show him the respect he deserves as our president. Which is why I haven't written a totally tacky blog post or made a flag for the "sore loser parade."
And for the record- I'm not a "McCainiack" at all. He wasn't my fave, he just stuck closer to the values and issues that were important to me. Nothing is wrong with that.
I don't think that was disrespectful or rude or anything else. But whatever. Some people can dish it, but can't take it.
I don't really know what to say. I guess I didn't realize there was anything going on either way...I just referenced the term "McCainiack".
It's my fault Sister. I have a big mouth. There wasn't anything going on. I hadn't thought anything more of it until I saw the comment about something "happening" or being "out of control." My bad. I'm just gettin' you in trouble all over the place. I'll keep my mouth shut from now on and I'm deleting my comment from earlier- although I think it was awesome. :D
Nevermind. It won't let me delete it. Weird.
I don't think anything is wrong with your comment. I agree with it.
Post a Comment