He draws constantly. This is no exaggeration. I buy boxes full of notebooks when they are on sale for school and he fills those notebooks with his drawings. He uses up our recycle/scratch paper pile before it can even get recycled. My house is continually graced with piles and piles of his drawings. Here are a few pics of some of his drawings that happen to be sitting right here. I could have picked up 3 or 4 more without moving from my chair. They are everywhere!
We have tried to encourage him in this talent, and often praise him for his good work. But you should have seen him Friday, SO PROUD of himself (and of course we are really proud of him) because he came home from school with a letter from his art teacher saying that his art work had been selected to be displayed at the school district's Education Center where "hundreds of visitors, teachers and administrators will enjoy the exhibit." He was especially excited about the special reception they are having for the artists and their families where we will be able to "give special attention to the artists." He really liked that part.
I have no idea which of his art work was selected to be displayed, but when JC was up at the school a couple of weeks ago doing his "Watch DOG" duties, the art teacher specifically commented to him on how impressed she was with Little J's work. I will be sure to take pictures at the reception!
7 comments:
Wow, what a great little artist. I hope he has fun at the reception and gets lots of attention.
He is a wonderful artist! How exciting for him to be selected for that!
Chloe is EXACTLY the same. I can't even tell you how much paper she goes through in a week, and I am constantly amazed by her talent and the details she puts into her artwork. (And weren't they born on the same day, or like one day apart?)
He really is good. Even the scene on the back of your couch is impressive. He has a great talent. :)
Awesome! When I first saw the title I thought: oh no, they've drawn on the walls this time. :-)
He is really awesome! HE will probably end up using it in is "job" as an adult or before! He will be the illustrator of lots of famous books and be the new trendy cartoon! Something like that..
That is soo awesome for a FIVE yr old!
At least he keeps it to the paper and not the walls!!
Keep the couch. It could be worth big $$$$. :0
CWH
HOW FUN!!! What a great way to show off his work. And the comment above me is hysterical!
Post a Comment